Honored Contributor

Hosts must have been coached to do this?

They interrupt so that it appears often that more than one person is talking at a time. Even hosts that I enjoy (or thought I did) are speeding up and then cutting each other off...

it appears like they are on "amphetamines" !

I can mute and that works ... but I often lose part of the explanation.

No wonder hosts are often criticized for not including models' sizes or other pertinent information. 

This type of product presentation cannot possibly increase sales, imo.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

This has been going on for a loooong time. Q's way of presenting products is frenetic - wild, chaotic, and uncontrolled

Valued Contributor

I agree.  If I wanted to hear that I would spend time with my family of origin.  I change the channel every time.  

I like when there is more than one host and they do separate presentations but come together for a few products.  

Honored Contributor

This past week, I watched every single "shopping channel" that my cable offers.   They are ALL THE SAME.     They "think" the viewers are a bunch of stupid idiots...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

This has been going on for a loooong time. Q's way of presenting products is frenetic - wild, chaotic, and uncontrolled

IMG_3941.gif

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

They are told to sell this way.  They're not supposed to give the viewer/shopper a chance to intelligently think & consider the product.  Just get caught up in the frenzy and buy it before it's gone!!!!

It does the opposite for me.  It makes me turn the channel and shop elsewhere, if the item holds any interest for me.  

Respected Contributor

I watched Kourney's  full presentation of the TSV last night. She was excellent. She was calm and asked the vendor important questions. She did not yell, jump up and down or overly push the product. I enjoyed her. She should always present alone, she does not need a "helper."

Esteemed Contributor
I too like Courtney by herself and wish she were not paired with that other host.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor
Oops, sorry I spelled her name incorrectly.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Frequent Contributor

I agree with you about Courtney.  So much better by herself.