Honored Contributor

Re: Have not received my stimulus check

@spud188   No.  First round.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

I checked the IRS portal and it said my check was scheduled to be mailed out on May 22, 2020.  As of today, we have not received our check.  We do not have direct deposit with the IRS,  Is there anyway I can find out what happened?

@songbird   Don't forget Monday was a holiday.

Did the portal indicate the check definitely went out or was scheduled to go out??

Check the portal again and check the FAQ section for advice.

Good luck.

Schedule to go......

Trusted Contributor

Thankyou Songbird.

Honored Contributor

@songbird   Hopefully with Monday having been a holiday it's taking an extra day or two.

If it's going snail mail I think 5 business days with a holiday is fairly safe.

I hope it arrives today.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I've never gotten mine, either--but I am still working and don't begrudge those who may need it more. 

Still, it is weird--no info whatever on the site. I hope those who need it most had a priority--I hope so, anyway though these days it seems unlikely.

Honored Contributor

Some random info regarding the debit card stimulus:  people receiving prepaid debit cards would be those “without bank information on file with the IRS, and whose tax return was processed by either the Andover or Austin IRS Service Center.” It’s unclear what makes these centers exceptional, but if you’re from Massachusetts or Texas, pay extra-close attention to your mail.

Frequent Contributor

Yes you should check your mail carefully.  The envelope does look like junk mail.  You can feel there is a card inside. If IRS does not have your bank account number you will get a check or debit card.  Just got mine this week.  Happy spending !!!:-)

Respected Contributor

Yesterday finally got mine!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I get Informed Delivery Service.  That's from the post office that comes everyday except for Sunday with scans of mail that will be delivered usually that day.  I saw this'

“Money Network Cardholder Services”  My understanding is that where the stimulus debit card will come from.  I checked on google and twitter and it appears so.  I have one and my husband has one.

The IRS deliberately mailed these cards in run of mill looking junk mail envelopes.  Figuring we Americans are smart enough to realize what it is.  So now I feel a whole lot better, LOL!

I won't get this until this afternoon, but I'm on tenderfhooks, hoping this is really our stimulus money.  I will post back to confirm it.

Thank you everyone for letting me know about the debit cards and that it may come in looking as junk mail.

Need to add, once you get your debit card, you have to activate it at:

The valid phone number and website for card activation and management are 1-800-240-8100, and http://EIPCard.com.