Respected Contributor

Re: Have a question about threads that have been deleted from the board

I wish that they could at least leave the "heading" alive when they eliminate a topic.  There are five in a row on one page - deleted as inappropriate - but what were they?  Taking away the topic does not allow the rest of us to know what topic ( or responses) were deemed inappropriate.

I would also like very much to know more about the ages of those who are doing the deleting. I think it makes a definite difference.  Often what seems appropriate to a 25 year old seems just the opposite to me.  I am sure they would feel the same way toward my elderly thinking.

And I have to add that if we can't actually discuss something, why bother to post?  You express your opinion, but if someone disagrees, POOF.  Don't mean to be offensive here - just puzzled and a bit disappointed that we can't seem to have an active discussion anymore, nor can we express our displeasure with something about a host or vendor. They are, in a sense, celebrities, who are always fair game for criticism. They are our only live link to QVC. I've noticed that there are few posts praising hosts, vendors or QVC in general. Are we just losing interest?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I wish that they could at least leave the "heading" alive when they eliminate a topic.  There are five in a row on one page - deleted as inappropriate - but what were they?  Taking away the topic does not allow the rest of us to know what topic ( or responses) were deemed inappropriate.

I would also like very much to know more about the ages of those who are doing the deleting. I think it makes a definite difference.  Often what seems appropriate to a 25 year old seems just the opposite to me.  I am sure they would feel the same way toward my elderly thinking.

And I have to add that if we can't actually discuss something, why bother to post?  You express your opinion, but if someone disagrees, POOF.  Don't mean to be offensive here - just puzzled and a bit disappointed that we can't seem to have an active discussion anymore, nor can we express our displeasure with something about a host or vendor. They are, in a sense, celebrities, who are always fair game for criticism. They are our only live link to QVC. I've noticed that there are few posts praising hosts, vendors or QVC in general. Are we just losing interest?

Perkup......Agree with your comment on leaving the heading there......at least for a few days.....just so folks know what thread it was about.

About your wondering about the age of the folks doing the deleting.......I too am considered elderly in today's world......just turned 75.  Really, I don't think age has anything to do with it.  They have guidelines to go by, and do not think they can be partial to  posters on here. 

I thought Friday was a very interesting day of posting on here.......A lot was going on, and I think everyone got to say pretty much how they felt about what they were interested in.  Yesterday it was not as interesting, but gosh, we can't have to many exciting days on here.  Our nerves couldn't take it.......LOL

No, I don't think I am losing interest at all.  Really, I am starting to enjoy posting again.......    We need to give it time.......   So far I have only been posting on Community Chat.....that in itself keeps me busy...... 

Honored Contributor

I had one deleted last week for posting a HSN coupon code. I was not contacted at all, except under my post it said it was moved, which actually meant deleted, and to please not post coupon codes anymore.

Honored Contributor

perkup, I don't think it's the disagreement of two people that is the problem. It's the topic that's being discussed and the interaction between people about said subject.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

They took down my "Beautiful Day" thread and I didn't get any kind of notice.

Just my personal experience.

Esteemed Contributor

Perkup wrote:my elderly thinking.

Perkup, you apparently missed the thread I started at 10:30 this morning in Comm Chat... before it got off the first page, it turned into a discussion I didn't even post about.  It's still there now with 248 replies and 13 pages.  And believe me, it has been a rather raucous discussion, to say the least.  So I think the moderators are trying to be a little lenient, as long as people don't go really overboard.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kittymomNC wrote:

Perkup, you apparently missed the thread I started at 10:30 this morning in Comm Chat... before it got off the first page, it turned into a discussion I didn't even post about.  It's still there now with 248 replies and 13 pages.  And believe me, it has been a rather raucous discussion, to say the least.  So I think the moderators are trying to be a little lenient, as long as people don't go really overboard.

KittymomNC - Yes. One OP even posted a rude insult re: our CIC.

THAT was finally removed - she refused to remove it and was obviously trying to get the whole thread removed.

The moderator removed her thread and stated it was because of the insult.

It appears that people won't be able to sabatage otherwise polite discussions, as they could in the past.

Thank you, moderators! 

Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@kittymomNC wrote:

KittymomNC - Yes. One OP even posted a rude insult re: our CIC.

THAT was finally removed - she refused to remove it and was obviously trying to get the whole thread removed.

The moderator removed her thread and stated it was because of the insult.

It appears that people won't be able to sabatage otherwise polite discussions, as they could in the past.

Thank you, moderators! 

And people will carry on now that that post was unfairly deleted by biased mods until the end of timeCat Tongue

Trusted Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

They took down my "Beautiful Day" thread and I didn't get any kind of notice.

Just my personal experience.

TWO THUMBS UP for the mods!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Yep, 'two thumbs up' for the mods especially if they delete something one disagree with BUT if they fail to do so...we get whine. Woman Wink

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow