Respected Contributor

Re: Have You Noticed Any Difference Since Time Change 1 Hour?

I dislike it in the winter because where I live it's pretty much dark by 4:30pm.

But I love it in the summer because it stays light until almost 10pm.  Smiley Happy

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

Light too early and dark too early... And then there's changing all the clocks... I wish they'd just pick a time and stick with it... This is utterly pointless...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

I think it seems later because of the placement of the sun in the sky and the shadows it casts in the afternoon.   I just walked the dog and while it's 3pm PST, it feels like 5:30pm.  Mother Nature is messing with us.  LOL

Honored Contributor

It never bothers me. An hour one way or the other does not affect my life much.

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

Yes...it was dark before 5:30.  I don't like it one bit.  On top of that I don't like to drive after dark, haven't done so in years, so I feel like I am held hostage.  But it is good for my patience and I do like how light it is early in the morning.  I just like the light period.  Would be quite content for it to be light at 6:00 AM and not get dark until 9:30 PM.

@Allegheny

This is me.  I like to get up early, and prefer it be light  no later than 6 am. I also like to work outside in the evenings, sit on the porch etc. and am happiest when it isn't getting dark until well after 9 pm. June and July and the long days make me wish  for that much daylight all year long. 

I am odd man out on this topic usually, as I love Daylight Savings Time. It was just about dark here at 5:30 tonight since going back to standard time. I hate it. I hate it, I hate it.

When I worked, it drove me nuts to get home after getting off at 5, and it be dark. I couldn't get outside to enjoy any light, or do any outside work. This time of year drives me nuts, but at least when on Daylight Savings Time, one has a little bit of time to see the light after working all day. 

I wouldn't be opposed to DST all year, except for the darkness in the mornings this time of year, and kids boarding buses. Safety issues there.

Honored Contributor

Oh goodness, I am so embarassed as all of my clocks (except my kitchen clock) automatically reset themselves so I didn't even notice the time change until just now (sun was up in the morning, good start to the day) . . . goodness how technology has taken over in some instances as I am feeling the change on the backside . . . ouch.

Trusted Contributor

It takes me a few days to get use to it. It is going to be dark longer in the mornings.

I like mornings because I have lots of energy and can get thing done.
Esteemed Contributor

I wish we would stop with the time change.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

Today was a never ending day. Seemed like a very, very long day and now it's dark. So, long night too!

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I wish we would stop with the time change.

Oh goodness @Irshgrl31201 I wish they would abolish this practice as it is my understanding that for the most part it is no longer necessary.  Life and lifestyles have changed and I wish they would change this too . . . Smiley Sad