Honored Contributor

Do tweets count?  I remember when I was first figuring Twitter out I remarked on an actor's great performance I had just seen and used the personal tag you use over there.  He tagged me back in his response.  

Not a letter but I once asked Ernest Borgnine to sign his autobiography for me at a convention he was at for a totally different reason.  Sponge Bob I think.  He was so impressed, he wouldn't let me pay him and we had a nice moment.  It wasn't long before he passed.  That's one of my treasures.

Honored Contributor

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

Many times, and I used to work for various celebs.  It's why I have very little respect for them.  

You wrote fan letters to people you had little respect for?

Honored Contributor

I don't recall ever writing a fan letter but I remember my mother writing one to one of her soap opera crushes, Luke on General Hospital.

I think he sent her a pic.  And I think I remember feeling totally embarassed that my mother would write a fan letter to a soap opera heartthrob.

Esteemed Contributor

About 15 years ago I wrote a fan letter to a mystery author whose books I had enjoyed. I never got a reply. Ironically, her books became repetitive and trite so I was glad our communication went nowhere. 

Regular Contributor

It wasn't a fan letter, but when my dad retired from running a construction union, I sent a letter to the White House and asked the President to send a letter to my father on his retirement.  I received a letter from Bill Clinton congratulating my dad on his retirement.  I thought that was pretty darn cool for the President to have done this.

Respected Contributor

Would you pay $50?  We were over in Tombstone and one of the stars from the movie Tombstone was there selling his signed pictures.  He was in our favorite store Arlenes.  We did Not get in line to see or purchase one Cat Surprised

Yes, there was a line!