Respected Contributor

To a home you have sold?  We did and it was depressing Cat Sad

Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Gone Back?

No, we still live in the only home we have ever bought (and own).

Valued Contributor

No but I went back to the house I grew up in once.  It was sad for me.  Not much good happened there for me.  

Respected Contributor

After my Dad passed away and Mom moved to a memory care facility, I sold their home to a delightful young family. It needed some updating, and the sales price of course reflected that. They were most anxious to have me come see the updates that they made but I just couldn't do it. I'm sure it's beautifully done. I just want to keep my memories the way they were. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

We did.  The new owners ripped out all of the landscaping (azaleas, boxwoods) and replaced them with stones.  The yard was a mess, nothing trimmed, and just sad.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, and the house looked fine but the neighborhood was the same awful place I couldn't wait to leave.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Yes. It's always been a positive experience with the exception of one house and in that case, it was a mixture of anger and sadness. The new owners have trashed the place. All the money, all the time we spent for nothing. We took a loss on the house when we sold it but that was due to the housing crash that started in 2006 and we had to move so....there it is.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

No, we still live in the only home we have ever bought (and own).

@deepwaterdotter.  Same here. We have no plans to move after 35 years.

Honored Contributor

No, I haven't and I really have no interest in going back.  When I'm out the door, it is somebody else who lives there and I am no longer attached to it.   Usually thank goodness!  LOL!!!

But no, I'm not sentimental over houses and such. 

Respected Contributor

I have been back to a house that I lived in as a child.The driveway was a lot shorter then I remembered and the house looked a lot smaller.Isn't that strange how that goes?