Respected Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Experienced Paranormal Activity?

Quite often I'll be thinking about some random thing that I hadn't thought about in years and years, and then out of the blue, the thing I began thinking about will be a topic of discussion on TV or a news program.  It just happened today as a matter of fact.

Yesterday I was gathering up some change, and I noticed a funny looking coin - I thought it must be a Canadian or European coin, it didn't look American.  But it seemed to be a nickel and it was dated 1905.  On the back was a large V and it said it was United States of America and was very worn down.

Looked it up online and sure enough it was indeed a very old nickel - now worth about $2.50!!  But it got me thinking where was my Susan B. Anthony $1 coin I had saved for years n years.  I began a search, I know I must have put it somewhere, but couldn't locate it.  Hadn't thought about it in years.  On tonight's Jeopardy show, one of the answers was about Susan B. Anthony.  Now I know that's not much of a stretch, but things like that happen all the time. 

I think my things are more of a psychic nature.  Sometimes I just KNOW things are going to happen.  Too bad I can't see winning lottery numbers!!

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I have never believed in anything like ghosts or paranormal activity....but it seems almost everyone who says they have had such an experience has lost a loved one recently...I think our grief and emotional state can make us vulnerable and we feel the presence of the departed because we remain so emotionally attached to them. We feel their presence in a very real way.
Trusted Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

Quite often I'll be thinking about some random thing that I hadn't thought about in years and years, and then out of the blue, the thing I began thinking about will be a topic of discussion on TV or a news program.  It just happened today as a matter of fact.

Yesterday I was gathering up some change, and I noticed a funny looking coin - I thought it must be a Canadian or European coin, it didn't look American.  But it seemed to be a nickel and it was dated 1905.  On the back was a large V and it said it was United States of America and was very worn down.

Looked it up online and sure enough it was indeed a very old nickel - now worth about $2.50!!  But it got me thinking where was my Susan B. Anthony $1 coin I had saved for years n years.  I began a search, I know I must have put it somewhere, but couldn't locate it.  Hadn't thought about it in years.  On tonight's Jeopardy show, one of the answers was about Susan B. Anthony.  Now I know that's not much of a stretch, but things like that happen all the time. 

I think my things are more of a psychic nature.  Sometimes I just KNOW things are going to happen.  Too bad I can't see winning lottery numbers!!

I experience the very same things. And, like you, I cannot predict the winning lottery numbers. 

I knew I was going to marry my husband when we first met. It wasn't a gushy love at first sight thing - it was a flash of realization and "Oh no what are you getting into." The same thing happened with the attorney I've worked for for almost 20 years now. When I first moved here, I was covering the desk at another law firm. The phone rang and I asked "who can I tell him is calling please?" And a voice says "it's ...." and I had that flash that I was going to work for him some day. It took five years but there you go.

That's happened many other times - and I've been visited by departed loved ones - but darn I'd like to win that lottery!

Honored Contributor

I have and I know too many people that have had experiences not to believe.Mine had nothing to do with anyone that had passed away.

Respected Contributor

This happened several years ago, but I was laying in my bed in my bedroom.  I'm not sure if I was asleep or just dozing.  But I felt a very strong presence outside my partially opened bedroom door.  Very strong, like someone was in the house (I lived by myself).  I continued to lay in bed and felt the presence come into the room and around the corner of my bed and up nearer to my facial area.  I had my eyes closed and I was in a panic as I felt I didn't know what to do.  I then bolted up and swung my arms out as if to hit whoever had come into the room, but no one was there. 

It was so weird because it wasn't like I was in a dream state.  I could feel the breath and heat of another person.  Was it a long lost family member?  I think it was but it sure did scare the heck out of me.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

When my kids were small we moved and for a few months rented an old farmhouse while we looked for a house to buy.  We used only the first level....the upstairs bedrooms were storage for the landlord, and he had locks on those doors.  Sometimes at night we would hear footsteps over our heads in those rooms.  

The dining room had a very heavy wooden door that opened to a big porch. Once at dinner that heavy door swung open.....there was no wind, and we were all at the table with our mouths hanging open!  Another time I went to the kitchen for something and a coffee mug was literally teetering on its side on the edge of the sink!  I called my husband in....it was scary.

i was glad to move out of that house.  There was never any sense of malevolence, but I don’t like that kind of stuff!

Honored Contributor

No, but I have seen "The Light" twice.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I have and I know too many people that have had experiences not to believe.Mine had nothing to do with anyone that had passed away.

Same for me.  I've experienced several things myself, and I also have friends who have had similar experiences.  I absolutely believe.

And not all of them had to do with people who had passed away.  When I was in college, my roommate and I were interviewed on the radio because of strange happenings in our dorm room.  (Someone who had written a book about such things lived locally, heard our story, and asked to interview us on-air.  None of what happened had any connection to dearly departed loved ones.) 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

My husband and I were eating lunch at a local tavern.  The building is old (dates back to the seventeenth century) and the tables are situated close to each other. 

At the table next to us were two gentlemen. I was seated facing them and my husband had his back to them.   I couldn’t help noticing them as they were well dressed for our usual luncheon crowd. They kept their voices low and seemed to be enjoying themselves. 

Suddenly, I saw a painting that had been hanging on the wall (close to them) launch itself into the air and travel over the whole distance of their table.  The painting was going sideways.  It struck one gentleman in his chest and arm and then landed on the floor, near the bar.

I couldn’t believe what I had just seen.  Neither could they.  It appeared that the painting had attacked him.

Luckily, he said he wasn’t injured, just a little shaken.  

It had been hanging on an “outside” wall so we went outside to see if something had hit the building and caused the painting to dislodge.  Nothing was there.

The next day I called the owner to tell her I was a witness in case the man was hurt.  I thought she would be surprised but she said there had been other incidents that were just as baffling. 

It was one of the strangest things I’ve seen.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

I did---once---my dad died in 1976 at age 47---I was just married and at home in bed when I heard the shuffling noise he made when he was wearing his slippers and walking on hardwood floors---my whole house was carpeted. And he stood at the foot of my bed just looking at me. I was in that weird twilight sleep, so I could see him plain as day but when I woke up, he was gone. It was like he was telling me he was fine and to get on with my life. I had been grieving for many months previous but after that, I felt better and altho I miss him to this day, he would have been 93 June 1, I think the loss was easier to accept. None of this was creepy or scary, just comforting to me.