Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Experienced Paranormal Activity?

Adding to my original post...... it was my dear grandmother who "learned me." LOL  She told me to be aware of everything around me and to accept what I saw.  After she passed I took her advice and "recognized" marvelous happenings.  I really don't believe in coincidences.  I believe things happen for purpose and there is a higher power directing outcomes. It is just a matter of being aware and having an appreciation.  

The week my grandfather died I had a dream.  A man I had never met came to me, floating over my bed.  He told me about my grandfather briefly.  He floated in and then out.  The following day I told my parents and they sort of chuckled.  They wanted me to describe him.  I guess they were keeping the conversation going.  What did he look like they asked.  I looked down at the newspaper on the kitchen table and there he was in the obituary column. It was chilling, but there HE was. 

My grandmother also believed that people visited and would bring gifts.... accept the gifts.. BUT NEVER EVER GIVE THEM ANYTHING BACK. because giving back was a bad omen and often a sign of death.  

Honored Contributor

As far as the soul goes, I do believe in the Holy Spirit indwelling a person.  I also believe there are evil spirits in this world that, no matter how innocent they may seem, are definitely best left alone and not spoken to.  It is my belief that you can open yourself up to evil when you get involved in speaking to the dead or any of this "mystic" stuff.  I stay away from it. Satan can come to you in "sheeps clothing".

Trusted Contributor

About a year after.my son passed away, I was awakened suddenly one night and as I lay in bed listening to figure out what had caused me to so abruptly wake up, I noticed a light coming from the hallway. I knew I had turned off all the lights before going to bed, so it frightened me just a bit. I got up to check it out, and discovered the light was coming from my son's bedroom. He had a desktop computer and it was on, even though it had not been turned on for some time. There was a little man being chased by a dog running across the screen. It was his screensaver. It always made me laugh. To this day, I have not been able to figure out how that happened, but, I tell myself it was his way of letting me know that he was still with me. He had the greatest sense of humor.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Trusted Contributor

Don't laugh....but I felt strange-ness while taking two different  walking tours in the UK.  .  I recognized a few things that supposedly I would have never seen before the tour,  I did not say anything to my co-travelers.  Also, I knew immediately when I saw it live and in person that I had walked across Bonaparte's Bridge in Paris years and years ago.  

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

A dear friend of mine had a daughter.  When her girl was 4 years old they moved back to a previous residence from years before.  My friend was excited to show her daughter old photos of her family.  She had never met or viewed photos of any of my friend's family.  Her daughter turned through the pages of a photo album and pointed at her grandmother (who died a decade before she was born) and said, "That's grandma."  My friend asked her how did she know?  The daughter's response:  "I know her.  She comes to visit me in light sometimes." 

Respected Contributor

Yup...on the Queen Mary in Long Beach. It made DH a believer. lol

Honored Contributor

Yes. Several times, and I am not a spiritual person.

I wrote about one when I was in the hospital.  I posted it in “Wellness” several months ago.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Yes, i have and at the time i could not  understand why my son shane that was in the room at the time did not see it, i actually got upset, only months later when he died did i know it was a warning of what was going to happen to him,very ,very up setting all these years later.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

In the sixties, my mom, sister and I were sleeping at our lake house.  Suddenly we heard the side  kitchen storm door slam, a door which never closed completely, not a breeze outside as it was a hot summer night.  After the door slammed we heard a shuffling gait across the kitchen floor .  Thinking it was an animal, although God knows how an animal could have entered when the inside door was locked, we cautiously entered the kitchen.  We put the light on and it was as quiet as can be, nothing around, the side storm door still not completely closed the shuffling footsteps gone.  

We didn't have a phone at the time and our next door neighbor knocked on our door early the following morning.  He said my dad had just called and wanted my mom to call him right away.  His dad, my grandfather, had passed away around the time we had our experience.  My mother insisted it was grandpa giving us a sign.  

I read all of the posts on this very interesting forum with a very open mind as I do not close the door to spirits and have always watched ghost story shows filled with so many people who have encountered various spirits, good and bad.  I find it all fascinating and do believe.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Glittergal wrote:

A dear friend of mine had a daughter.  When her girl was 4 years old they moved back to a previous residence from years before.  My friend was excited to show her daughter old photos of her family.  She had never met or viewed photos of any of my friend's family.  Her daughter turned through the pages of a photo album and pointed at her grandmother (who died a decade before she was born) and said, "That's grandma."  My friend asked her how did she know?  The daughter's response:  "I know her.  She comes to visit me in light sometimes." 

@Glittergal , My son was days away from turning 3 when my grandfather passed away. One day I heard him talking in his bedroom and I walked in and asked him, who were you talking to. He says, Mommy go away, I was talking to Grandfather and he goes away when you come in.