Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Experienced Paranormal Activity?

On what would have been my late mother's 100th birthday........the living room wall shook.....and there was a loud grating noise.....and then a CRASH.

When I finally got up the nerve to go take a look........the closet rod in the back bedroom had collapsed......and everything was in a pile on the floor.     

Coincidence?    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Jimmy Carter also did. He saw a UFO and called it a very sober moment and people laughed ,because they thought he was alluding to drink

What he actually meant was ,it was a somber moment. I don't think Jimmy was a liar, or given to flights of fancy.

Respected Contributor

Generally I do not believe in the paranormal but I once had a dream that I was assisting a relative move from on from death to wherever he was supposed to go.  The dream was very vivid and I had no idea that he had died two days earlier.  He had not been ill.  There was no reason that the dream would have been tweaked in my mind.

He seemed confused and lost at his home.  The sky was an odd color, there was no breeze or sound, no people, animals or birds.  I brought him from inside to his driveway and had him sit on a chair with wheels.  I gave him a slight push and the chair took him away to the place he needed to be.  He couldn't tell me what had transpired or what he needed, it was as if I was following instinct.  Admittedly a goofy dream with the chair but the meaning of it had me shaken when I'd learned he had died.  I don't make more of it than what it was: a very interesting dream that may or may not have been something deeper.

I believe words and thoughts have power.  I know there's a massive weight of knowledge that I'll never know so I try to live within the paramaters of known science and reject all sorts of magical thinking.

Valued Contributor

Many years ago, I managed a bed and breakfast which was a large home that served as a hospital during the civil war. One late November night, I realized the first guest of the week was arriving early in the morning, so I wanted to take fresh linens to their room to get it set up, so I wouldn’t have to fuss in the morning. This was a suite that had a living room with a kitchenette attached by a long hallway to the bedroom and bathroom. I went upstairs, entered through the door, arms full of sheets and towels, and flipped the light switch which turned on the overhead light. I took about 3 steps toward the hallway, and the overhead light flickered and went out. Luckily there was moonlight coming through the windows, so I was able to maneuver my way to the hallway and the light switch for the overhead light in the hallway. I flipped the switch, started to walk down the hallway toward the bedroom door, and the overhead light flickered and went out. No problem, it’s a straight line down the hallway to the bedroom door, so even though it was darker, it was easy to get to the closed bedroom door. I managed to hold on to the stack of linens while fumbling for the door handle. I pushed the door open and was immediately hit with a whoosh of cold air. I was simultaneously chilled and annoyed because I couldn’t believe the maid would turn the thermostat down so low in the room. As I turned to my left to reach for the light switch, my eyes scanned the room from right to left until they fell upon the bed, barely illuminated by the moonlight coming through the crack in the drapes on the window. There, on the bed, was the dark figure of a man lying flat on his back. I gasped, froze for a few seconds in shock, and after a few seconds more of complete silence, the figure on the bed abruptly sat straight up, turned its head, and looked directly at me. I was unable to scream. I dropped the linens, tuned and ran down the halllway, across the living room and toward the door. I couldn’t look back, but I knew he was following me. I could feel it. I exploded out the door to the corridor, sprinting to the staircase which would lead me down to my private residence on the first floor on the opposite side of the house. I held tight to the bannister while charging down the stairs, because I could still feel him behind me, and I knew he was going to push me down the stairs. I made it to the first floor and sprinted to my door which I slammed and locked behind me. I slid down the door, leaning all my weight on it, and burst into tears. I cried out “leave me alone” repeatedly in a sound akin to a wounded animal. I didn’t blink or move from that spot for 8 hours until I heard the cook arriving in the morning. He made the beds that day, and I was gone the next.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don’t think so.

If anything paranormal  does come around me keep your hands off my Doritos!

Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 I agree with you.

@Pearly 😂😂😂
Esteemed Contributor

I had a weird experience.  I was near our bedroom closet with bi-fold doors when one of them fell off, nearly hitting me.  Not long after, a close family member died.  Months later another bi-fold door (in a different room) fell off, nearly hitting me again.  Another close family member died.  We’ve lived in this house for nearly 40 years and never had a closet door just fall off for no reason. Those were the only two times it happened.  I began to take notice when things fell, wondering if it meant someone would die.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@MaryLamb.  What a great ghost story!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi 

@Desertdi wrote:

On what would have been my late mother's 100th birthday........the living room wall shook.....and there was a loud grating noise.....and then a CRASH.

When I finally got up the nerve to go take a look........the closet rod in the back bedroom had collapsed......and everything was in a pile on the floor.     

Coincidence?    

Is there a reason you think your mother wanted that to happen?

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi.  Did your mom tell you you had too many clothes

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment