Esteemed Contributor

Have You Ever Experienced Paranormal Activity?

I'm not talking about actively seeking out ghosts and spirits, but rather you are just going about your day as normal, when a ghost or spirit decides to make its presence known.

In my old apartment, I did, at least three times.

There were times when I would be sleeping, and I would hear three knocks on my front door. I would get up to go answer the door, and there would be nobody there.

Another time was, I was sitting on the side of my bed getting dressed, and a flashlight that I had laying on my dresser next to my bed came on all by itself.

I asked the spirit if it could turn the flashlight off. 

Less than 10 seconds later, the flashlight went off, again all by itself.

I thanked the ghost for doing that, and said, "Hello" to it.

I never got creeped out or scared.

Again, I never sought out these experiences, they just happened.

Here, where I live now, nothing. 

So, have you ever experienced any sort of paranormal activity?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Experienced Paranormal Activity?

Yes. But it is more being aware of what is around me.  

Honored Contributor

I do not believe in paranormal anything.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

yes in a way.

this happened many years ago.

i was home for my dad's funeral. my mom flew back to my sister's house out east. I stayed in my parents house for a few days to catch up with some friends. Anyway, one night while I was trying to sleep the house became very eerily quiet and something just didn't seem right. I got up and checked the front door and windows and such nothing was out of order. when I went back to bed which was in the room where my dad watched t.v. (was using a pull out sofa bed) he walked in sat in his chair and began to watch t.v.. was it my mind playing tricks on me most likely yes. I still remember this quite clearly.

Honored Contributor

Only on these boards. 

Honored Contributor

First, I  don't believe in ghosts or spirits but I had something very strange happenn.

Shortly before he died, my son lost one of my two garage door openers.  We search the house thoroughly and never found it.

My house has an attached garage, accessed by a door in the kitchen.  Inside there are two entrances to the kitchen and at that time each had a high gate to keep the digs out of the kitchen.

I went out to dinner one evening and when I came home, I entered through the garage door.  Everything was in order, Gates securely closed, but in the middle of the kitchen floor was my garage door opener.  How it got there remains a mystery to this day.  It had not been touched by the dogs, was neat and clean.  Nobody else had access to my house.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The day after my sisters funeral my sewing machine magically managed to fling itself off the cabinet.  It was sitting too far back on the top of the cabinet for the cat to have done it trying to look out the window.

Respected Contributor

Several times after my dad had passed away, the smell of Ben Gay which he used when he was alive,would suddenly be in the air in the room , and we never used any nor did we own any.

A young man whom we had not met before,who had Down’s syndrome,  came with our Pastor to visit us one evening. Suddenly out of the clear blue and completely unrelated to the conversation, said there was a man in the room who said he was my dad

Other unexplained things continued to happen over the years that made me think my dad was letting me know he was close by and watching over me.

Honored Contributor

Once, and my husband was with me, and he saw it too

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

Several times after my dad had passed away, the smell of Ben Gay which he used when he was alive,would suddenly be in the air in the room , and we never used any nor did we own any.

A young man whom we had not met before,who had Down’s syndrome,  came with our Pastor to visit us one evening. Suddenly out of the clear blue and completely unrelated to the conversation, said there was a man in the room who said he was my dad

Other unexplained things continued to happen over the years that made me think my dad was letting me know he was close by and watching over me.

@Azcowgirl my dad did a lot of woodworking in his garage and after he  passed away I would smell the saw dust.