Honored Contributor

Have You Been Light Lookin' Yet?

Have you been driving or walking around looking at the lights yet?

We go out about 9 p.m. at least 3 times a week to drive around town looking at all the Christmas lights!  I just love it!  So many people have been kind enough to put up these great displays for us to enjoy!

The smaller ones, simple with few lights, I love too because it reminds me of my childhood and the lights we'd put upon the porch railings.

Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Been Light Lookin' Yet?

@Sooner  only on youtube ,at the displays in London ,so beautiful, leave it to the Brits to make it classy

Super Contributor

DH and I usually take a drive around on Christmas day after sun down. Some areas are amazing. 

Respected Contributor

I don't see nearly as much of it as I used to.  Electric rates are pretty high around here!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I haven't yet but we will soon.  One of the neighboring towns is supposed to put on a very glittery light display.

Trusted Contributor

Our family has not been yeet but will be going.  In our city there is one really awesome Christmas display that we go to every year.  The family collects donations for the animal shelter.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

There's a street in South Philly that's been dubbed "The miracle on 13th Street". The entire neighborhood works together to decorate and light up several city blocks. It's a fabulous display of city Christmas spirit.

5597CD6C-1567-4635-AA9E-58793CD5A0CD.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We've only been to one lighting event....its on a college  campus and festival is called LIGHT THE WAY....We do plan to go to the Riverwalk and visiting neighborhoods known for their lights....

Image result for light the way san antonio

Image result for light the way san antonio

Campus lit up after the Light the Way celebration

This is a city within our city known as Windcrest known for their light displays...This is from last year...

Image result for windcrest christmas lights 2018

"A Gingerbread Christmas for Windcrest" at 5942 Brook Falls in Windcrest was recognized in 2008 as the grand prize "Best of Theme" home during the annual Windcrest Light-Up. Photo: EDWARD A. ORNELAS, Edward A. Ornelas / San Antonio Express-News / eornelas@express-news.net

]

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

No, the last time I saw Christmas lights at night was in 2003 when I was still working 11-7; just not a fan.

Respected Contributor

No, we stopped when so many displays were just blow ups.