Valued Contributor

Re: Have Comcast?? PLEASE check QVC on their guide.

Nutmeg thanks for trying to help me. That was very thoughtful of you to send those links. I looked at them but don't know if they will help as it seems customers are not that responsive in replying to other customers. Comcast has already told me it is QVC's fault.

I was just hoping if others could check and if they too have the same issue...................it must be QVC not supplying the schedule information in a timely manner to Comcast.

As I stated, this is the only way I watch the Q. I never watch live any more. Well, maybe when Linea is on. Heart      WHEN they allow him to be on at a decent time.

Respected Contributor

I have Comcast and a lot of time lately the guide is NOT what is on Q and sometimes it even just says "paid programing" so I never trust the Comcast guide on shows.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, @QPrincess!  Do you have a mobile device (smart phone or tablet)?

The "Xfinity TV Remote" app shows all the stations' schedules for at least a couple of weeks from now and I believe it also allows you to schedule recordings.  (I don't record...  I've learned I usually didn't find time to view the recorded shows so now I just use On Demand to see those I missed.)

The odd part of this is the fact that the Xfinity app has the schedules for a couple of weeks (or more) but when I look at the guide on my tv it's only for a few days from now.

So I wonder why there's a difference there.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

I have Comcast and a lot of time lately the guide is NOT what is on Q and sometimes it even just says "paid programing" so I never trust the Comcast guide on shows.

I was going to say I think these issues are because of QVC or at least due to a communication issue between Comcast and QVC. I have a zillion channels and QVC and occasionally HSN are the only two channels where I've seen programming be different than what's on the guide. Maybe due to the nature of the business? Perhaps they make last minute changes too?  I have looked at the guide online from my Q app and it's been different than what's on also. 

Trusted Contributor

I worked for one of the largest cable providers for years, and the issue is likely neither Comcast nor QVC specifically.

Guide information generally comes from a third-party provider.  This provider supplies the data to multiple satellite and cable systems throughout the country.  In all likelihood, there is an issue with the data being transmitted to the OP's specific cable system.

If this were a QVC issue, we would likely see this with other cable companies and satellite services.  If this were a Comcast issue, other Comcast systems would also have the same issue.  As I said, based on what little we know and my experience, this is likely an issue with the data being transmitted to this cable system.

As data is not being constantly transmitted and updates only intermittently, it may take a while before this is corrected.

In regards to guide information not matching programming, this is likely due to changes in programming after the preliminary schedulle was provied to the third-party provider.  This data cannot always be updated at the last minute, so sometimes it may not match (this happens with other networks as well).

Esteemed Contributor

We don't have Comcast here, we have a local cable company w local CS reps. We can record 2 weeks in advance on the dvr, and can also set it up for a whole season of shows by "new"

But this is what happens with QVC lately (the past months). The dvr says they are showing one topic of products on QVC, and when I turn it on its something else! This issue is always the case on QVC plus, (the cable guide is never right!), but not as much of a problem on regular QVC.

I don't record QVC, but when I want to know whats on, I check Qs guide to see whats on, not my dvr guide!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

i have comcast but i dont have a DVR so i dont think i can check for you.

Hi, Sun, you and me both, I still use my VCR's and they work just fine and dont have to pay Comcast any more than I already do !!  Went to Corner Stable last nite, good crab cake and ribs, so crowded in there, hope all is good.

hi shel!!!

we have on demand so i rarely need to use anything to record. i know what you mean.....we pay comcast a small fortune for their services!

corner stable is one of our favorite bbq places.....and they have wonderful fried chicken also. it is almost always crowded though! take care and hope you are well also! Woman Happy

I use On Demand but still use my VCR if I want same night watching. Parking at Corner Stable was just terrible, maybe due to the Fair it was extra crowded.

Super Contributor

Hi, I'm in Portland, OR and have Comcast (unfortunately). I can go out two weeks for QVC.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Respected Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

I worked for one of the largest cable providers for years, and the issue is likely neither Comcast nor QVC specifically.

Guide information generally comes from a third-party provider.  This provider supplies the data to multiple satellite and cable systems throughout the country.  In all likelihood, there is an issue with the data being transmitted to the OP's specific cable system.

If this were a QVC issue, we would likely see this with other cable companies and satellite services.  If this were a Comcast issue, other Comcast systems would also have the same issue.  As I said, based on what little we know and my experience, this is likely an issue with the data being transmitted to this cable system.

As data is not being constantly transmitted and updates only intermittently, it may take a while before this is corrected.

In regards to guide information not matching programming, this is likely due to changes in programming after the preliminary schedulle was provied to the third-party provider.  This data cannot always be updated at the last minute, so sometimes it may not match (this happens with other networks as well).

That's interesting.  But then why do some of us with Comcast get 2 weeks out on the schedule and others don't?

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Valued Contributor

Thank you for your input on the issue with the Q online guide on Comcast. I still don't understand why the only channel where it is an issue is QVC. HSN goes out two weeks on the online guide as well as every channel I have checked. So for this reason, it seems to be more an issue perhaps with QVC not submitting the information to whomever does the input of information.

And I still have not heard back from QVC about the problem. Doubt I will either.

I'm surprised more people don't record shows (unless they don't have the DVR service). I never watch live and love being able to zip through an hour show in about five minutes, only pausing to look at something of interest. And yes...................you can look online at what was shown in the last 24 hours, but it doesn't show everything, especially if something has gone on waitlist.

Thanks for your time everyone.