Frequent Contributor
Qvc is raising prices by a couple of dollars and they are also doing this to clearance items I noticed it on my wish list.
Regular Contributor
Yes! I’ve been watching a few items hoping for sales. Now the prices are higher. Not buying now.
Honored Contributor

@MommyAngie wrote:
Yes! I’ve been watching a few items hoping for sales. Now the prices are higher. Not buying now.

@MommyAngie Have you been to the grocery store?  Everyone is raising prices and interest rates and everything except what banks are paying to use our money.  And we're not done yet.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm watching in stock and clearance rise on a few items I wanted at WS.

Not buying, either.

Respected Contributor

QVC often raises prices on many items right before they offer us a "Free Shipping" day.  Some of their business practices are deceptive and not customer friendly at all.  Others that come to mind: Slapping an "Advance Order label on a product AFTER it was ordered, and of course the ongoing problems of slow shipping and making the return process slow and painful. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure why it is raising prices on items that have been in stock for months if not years but then I've never understood QVC's marketing strategy!!

Respected Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

QVC often raises prices on many items right before they offer us a "Free Shipping" day.  Some of their business practices are deceptive and not customer friendly at all.  Others that come to mind: Slapping an "Advance Order label on a product AFTER it was ordered, and of course the ongoing problems of slow shipping and making the return process slow and painful. 

@maximillian , your post describes why as a long time customer, I can count the number of times on one hand that I have placed any orders recently.

Respected Contributor

I just had one item in my Wishlist drop $12 in price. One item went up $5 last week. Others stayed the same. I don't think there is a rhyme or reason. I put things in my Wishlist and when a free shipping day comes along I decide if I'm happy with the price or want to wait until the next free shipping day.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@MommyAngie wrote:

@MommyAngie Have you been to the grocery store?  Everyone is raising prices and interest rates and everything except what banks are paying to use our money.  And we're not done yet.

But there's a difference; you have to eat but you don't have to buy jewelry. I've seen some nice pieces for sale but I can't afford a $700 +/- necklace.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, QVC has been raising prices on old stock clearance items at least all year, maybe earlier.  I have posted about this.  Eventually the price goes down if the item remains in stock.  I see this in my wish list.

QVC is the only retailer I know where a clearance is not a clearance, except for the fake "everything must go" storefronts we used to see in NYC in the past (Now, storefront retailers are really closing, and they mean it!).  QVC, after a clearance price, often raises its old stock back to regular price.  Also with lunchtime specials.  It is obvious old stock because the availability of colors, sizes remains the same, limited.

QVC has messed with its pricing strategy, not for the better.