Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone noticed?

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@MommyAngie wrote:
Yes! I’ve been watching a few items hoping for sales. Now the prices are higher. Not buying now.

@MommyAngie Have you been to the grocery store?  Everyone is raising prices and interest rates and everything except what banks are paying to use our money.  And we're not done yet.

@Sooner - addressing the "except what banks are paying to use our money" portion of your comment.  CD rates have risen sharply lately. I got a cd last month.  3.75% for 12 months and another at a different bank for 3.00%. Much better than the prior 0.01% offer.

And AMEX online money market is currently paying 3.30%.  Not the stellar rates we saw years and years ago, but it's been years and years since we've seen rates like this.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor
gidgetgh wrote:
Sooner wrote:
MommyAngie wrote:
Yes! I’ve been watching a few items hoping for sales. Now the prices are higher. Not buying now.

MommyAngie Have you been to the grocery store?  Everyone is raising prices and interest rates and everything except what banks are paying to use our money.  And we're not done yet.

Sooner - addressing the "except what banks are paying to use our money" portion of your comment.  CD rates have risen sharply lately. I got a cd last month.  3.75% for 12 months and another at a different bank for 3.00%. My better than the prior 0.01% offer.  And AMEX online money market is currently paying 3.30%.  Not the stellar rates we saw years and years ago, but it's been years and years since we've seen rates like this.

I received a notice from my bank offering 13-month CD for 3.75%. Must be funded with money not currently on deposit with this bank.  Min. of $25,000.00 to open. 

Honored Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:
gidgetgh wrote:
Sooner wrote:
MommyAngie wrote:

MommyAngie Have you been to the grocery store?  Everyone is raising prices and interest rates and everything except what banks are paying to use our money.  And we're not done yet.

Sooner - addressing the "except what banks are paying to use our money" portion of your comment.  CD rates have risen sharply lately. I got a cd last month.  3.75% for 12 months and another at a different bank for 3.00%. My better than the prior 0.01% offer.  And AMEX online money market is currently paying 3.30%.  Not the stellar rates we saw years and years ago, but it's been years and years since we've seen rates like this.

I received a notice from my bank offering 13-month CD for 3.75%. Must be funded with money not currently on deposit with this bank.  Min. of $25,000.00 to open. 

@MorningLover - fortunately the bank where I got my 3.75% cd dropped the "new money" requirement two days after they published the rate.

Honored Contributor

So what is the gap between CD rates and Credit Card rates??????   Let's talk about that figure!  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

So what is the gap between CD rates and Credit Card rates??????   Let's talk about that figure!  

@Sooner - yeah, but you're not comparing apples to apples really.