Super Contributor

Has anyone noticed the value pays lately?

For the last few weeks I've been seeing less things on value pay here and at HSN. And when they do have value pay a lot of times it's only two. When you're buying a piece of jewelry and paying a few hundred dollars for it the value pays are really nice. I've been passing things up because there's no value pay, or like I said, maybe two.

Have any of you noticed this? If so, do you think they're having problems with customers not fully paying for their items?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Has anyone noticed the value pays lately?

I think it’s probably more a cash flow issue coupled with the increase of interest rates. All of those extended payments take away from cash available to pay the overhead and secure inventory. 

Respected Contributor

@Remar   Well Q seems to be changing things up so this is just my impression and recollection of what has happened in prior years.  No guarantee it will be the same this year.

I think the easy pays on Q go in cycles.  So April, May, and June is the second quarter.  Traditionally they have an "all easy pay" day sometime in June.  I think the first, third, and fourth quarters have the most easy pay offers.

So hang on and you'll likely see more easy pays coming up, and definitely more when they kick off the third quarter in July and the fourth quarter in October with the "big sales push" for fiscal year end.  And they will increase beyond two easy pays.  I think a lot will be three or four.  And some will be five or six.

Honored Contributor

They've definitely suddenly taken the emphasis off of clothing and have moved on to general "summer stuff".  It won't be long before it's all CIJ.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Thank all of you for your responces.

Here I post this and QVC will be having value pay on everything this month, which is great!

I guess I've never noticed the cycles before.