Honored Contributor

Re: Harry and Meghan's Decision - and what Meghan was supposedly offered

@tansy. So you are fine with how Meghan and Harry went about detaching themselves from the royals? Their behavior is fine with you, or only Harry's is not because Meghan gets a pass? Or what?
Respected Contributor

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Here is the part I do not understand: there are other more minor royals who live fairly normal lives and fly under the radar most of the time. Edward and Sophie, for example. I don't think the press hounds them. They seem to live quiet lives and stay out of the news except for the occasional duty or family required events.

Is the issue that they don't want to live in the U.K.?

@wonderfulworld 

I'm sure none of us could fully understand all the factors involved here.  But one thing really stands out .... Meghan is the ONLY non-Caucasian there, and no one ever lets her forget it.

According to an analysis of her coverage, and favorability polls, racism is barely a factor. Most people just don't care.

Do you think people are really going to admit they don't care for her because they hold deep seated racist beliefs? lol

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@tipsy wrote:

I don't get the skin color obsession.  I would never even know Meghan is bi-racial  if her race wasn't bandied about so much.  She doesn't have a skin color problem, she has a character problem.. She is an ungrateful selfish brat.  Unbelievable how disrepectful she is of the queen & causing all that drama.  And to take Archie away like that!   Harry picked a real doozy.

Image result for thumbs up

@tipsy This!! Her supporters seem to be easily as ready to keep pointing out her mixed race ethnicity as does any other faction. If no one can 'forget it', they would be a significant part of the reason why... My own belief is that her heritage has nothing to do with this situation she and Harry have created. They showed poor judgment, acted precipitously and have brought significant angst down on themselves and his family. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I grew up with family members feeling that way,mind you this was 50's, 60's, i never felt that way ,and did not undertand it then,and still do not at 69 yrs.old.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.