Trusted Contributor

Happy St. Patrick's Day !!!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

548425_10150711466149182_816949945_n.jpg     St. Patrick's Day Parade was cancelled this year so I'm posting a pic of our previous one.  I'm wishing everyone health and peace of mind during this trying period for all of us !!

Valued Contributor

Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day !!!!!!!!

@hayseed00  Ty and Happy St Patrick's Day to you as well!! Heart

I never forget St Patrick's Day b/c it's my sister's birthday!! LOL So, tomorrow I will be dropping her gifts off at her house  tom night omw to work. I am so thankful for easy pay here on the Q. 

My sister is the complete opposite of me. She lives in a gorgeous home (4500+ sq ft) and  she decorates it absolutely beautifully!! She and her husband are very hard workers...he has his masters in business and she is over quite a few restaurants/businesses in the corporate office. So, they have good jobs, but they've worked hard to get where they are. Anyways, my sister and I are 6 years apart, so growing up b/c we didn't have a mother (she left us when I was 2 and my sister was 8) so my dad raised us as a single dad, but when my sister was 17 she moved back to CA from TN where we were living.

So, then it was just my dad and I from then on. Later on in her 20's after she married and had 2 kids they all moved here to Knoxville TN as well. I guess the point I'm making is I wish my sister and I were a lot closer than we are. Not that we aren't close, but we go weeks without even speaking sometimes lol...

She is the only sibling I have....well, my "mom" ended up having a son when I was 14 years old and come to find out she and her husband gave him the world...I get to hear all these things b/c my sister still talks to my grandma (my mom's mom) who lives in CA still which is where my "mom" lives too. Anyways, I've never met him, don't even know him at all. A LOT of my anxiety/depression has to do with the fact of abandonment issues and just not having a mother growing up and even still as an adult its hard. I'm thankful I have my dad, I love him more than anything, but I know that a mom would have been wonderful too. Oh well. I try to tell myself it was her loss. 

I appreciate it if you've made it this far LOL...I just got to rambling...My whole point of this post was to tell you what I got my sister for her birthday tomorrow! LOL So, I got her  a set of Luminara candles and a Harry Slatkin candle. I got the candle on clearance and the Luminara candles were on sale, they were only $39 for 3 of them!! She had made a comment around Christmas that she really loves them. Anyways, I know she will like them. I know it's not too much, but It's the thought that counts! 

Heart HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY TO EVERYONE!! Heart

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

Great picture, @hayseed00 !  Happy St. Patrick's Day to you and @BrandiDavis , and everyone on the boards.  Your presents for your sister are super, @BrandiDavis -- what a thoughtful gift.

Trusted Contributor

@BrandiDavis  Peace and happiness friend !!!

Esteemed Contributor

@BrandiDavis   Happy St. Patrick's day to you too!

I am sorry for that missing "part" of your life.  It must have been difficult for you.  As a mom I cannot imagine ever leaving my children, ever!   But I am sure she had some issues of her own.  You are a stronger person because of the experience you had.  Thank God you had a wonderful dad growing up, he must be a really good man.

My sister and I are also 6 years apart and while we are somewhat close, in many ways we're not.  I think because the age difference mostly, I was in high school and she was still in elementary school!   Anyway, beautiful choice for a gift, I am sure she will adore the candlesSmiley Happy    

Honored Contributor

Isn't it tomorrow?
Valued Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@BrandiDavis   Happy St. Patrick's day to you too!

I am sorry for that missing "part" of your life.  It must have been difficult for you.  As a mom I cannot imagine ever leaving my children, ever!   But I am sure she had some issues of her own.  You are a stronger person because of the experience you had.  Thank God you had a wonderful dad growing up, he must be a really good man.

My sister and I are also 6 years apart and while we are somewhat close, in many ways we're not.  I think because the age difference mostly, I was in high school and she was still in elementary school!   Anyway, beautiful choice for a gift, I am sure she will adore the candlesSmiley Happy    

@Oznell  & @hayseed00  thank you very much!! Heart

@LindaSal  Thank you. It definitely has been difficult, I think another hard part about it all is that it's not like she was on drugs or alcohol....she never even smoked a cigarette! It's almost like IF there was an excuse I might be easier for me to understand/accept/process, but that's not the case. She just didn't want to be a mom. Period.  Anyways, I've made it this far without her, I'll be 40 in May...so I know I'll be just fine, but there are times when it really gets to me. 

Like for my kids they don't have a grandma. Things like that. I'm sure you and your sister are a lot like me and my sister....as you stated when you were in high school your sister was in elementary school. Same thing with us, so we never really were close as kids b/c I was always "in her way" lol As adults we talk and get along just fine, but we don't hang out b/c we're both always working. Now, she does sometimes have functions/parties at her house b/c she has a big pool with a slide, etc....so she has the perfect entertaining type house. Especially in the summer. 

I have really bad social anxiety, but I have been before and as long as it's just people I know in my family I'm okay, but if there are going to be people I don't know then I won't go. 

Well, I've once again rambled enough lol...have a good day! :-)

~ Hope in TN ~
Valued Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
Isn't it tomorrow?

Yes, it is....I think the OP was just posting ahead of time. 

~ Hope in TN ~
Trusted Contributor

@PearleeYep, I just felt like posting early !!!

Esteemed Contributor

@BrandiDavis  Well, I think you have come a long way!   You are still young and I wish you the very best in life.  It's also good that you come on here and chat with all of us, I find it interesting and comforting at times, especially now.   Take good care Smiley Happy