Valued Contributor

Happy anew Year to all our Jewish followers  So much is made of the Christian holidays that I think some of us forget our jewish friends   Afterall we are a judeo- christian country

Respected Contributor

Thank You!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Happy New Year

[ Edited ]

SHANA TOVA!

For those that are curious about the Jewish NEW YEAR...

Rosh Hashanah, literally meaning the "head the year", is the Jewish New Year.

The biblical name for this holiday is Yom Teruah, literally "day of shouting or blasting".

(I laughed at that - seems more than ONE DAY a year - in my house at least is "devoted" to that!!!)

It is the first of the Jewish High Holy Days specified by Leviticus 23:23–32 that occur in the early autumn of the Northern Hemisphere.

Honored Contributor

@mollymaggie  What a sweet reminder that although we are all different, we are still thoughtful. 🌼

Trusted Contributor

Happy Rosh Hashanah!!! Prayers for good things for you all.

Honored Contributor

Happy New Year!

Esteemed Contributor

@mollymaggie wrote:

Happy anew Year to all our Jewish followers  So much is made of the Christian holidays that I think some of us forget our jewish friends   Afterall we are a judeo- christian country

hi @mollymaggie  - thank you so much for your thoughtful message!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Ketivah v'chatima tovah!

Trusted Contributor

@golding76 - Everytime I see one of your posts, memories of my "Bubbie" come to mind as her name was Golda but everyone called her Goldie.  I hope you have a sweet, healthy and happy new year.  She's been gone since 1968.  My grandparents lived with us and I have many wonderful and delicious memories of her in the kitchen cooking and baking.  Thanks for the memories!