Esteemed Contributor

@Enufstuff, Your doll clothes are just beautiful!  I so admire your talent.  I treasure anything made by hand, and your creations were made with love.

I don’t sew, but I love working with my hands.  I tend to concentrate on Early American arts and crafts.

Your family is some privileged to have your talents.  I am almost 78, but still have a sweet dolly dress one of my great-

aunts made for me.  The same one who made me lovely hand-smocked dresses as a little girl.

Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff,

The doll clothes are beautiful!

4th July 2020 Gif Animated Wishes

Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff   Love your patriotic Toni....you have a gift.  How wonderful that you were able to create the wedding Barbie for your daughter and the pow wow regalia for your great granddaughter....treasured memories.

Respected Contributor

@Enufstuff   So, so pretty & you are so talented!  Happy 4th to all !!!

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  The Gathering of Nations Pow Wow must be amazing to see. I've only seen videos of it and I have a Gathering of Nations CD with the chanting and drumming.

We only go to local Northeast pow wows in Massachusetts,

New Hampshire and Maine. Two years ago I injured my knee and with arthritis in it, the doctor said I need knee replacement.

I'm trying to avoid that, if possible. I can't do much walking either.

When we go to pow wows, we bring folding chairs. I mostly sit and watch. I can do a little walking and then rest. Not that I need more Native American jewelry, but I can't resist looking. I usually buy some things for my girls. If I lived in New Mexico, I would definitely go to see

The Gathering of Nations. Is it possible for you to bring a chair

and sit to enjoy the festivities? Can you walk a little, to check out a few vendors?

As lovely as it sounds, traveling to New Mexico to see the pow wow and I'm sure I would love the gem show, it's probably a little too ambitious for me. The last plane trip we took was to Europe, just before covid. I think that just getting through the airport would be a challenge now.

My three daughters and I go to the pow wows and sometimes the two grandaughters and three great grand daughters go. One daughter won't fly and the other two have

work and family obligations. The four of us did go to a pow wow in Maine just before covid.

I never thought of sewing as a great talent, just a skill that we learned in Junior High. When my girls were young, I made most of their dresses. I also sewed for myself and made all my costumes when I performed Middle Eastern dance.

I found the pictures of the Barbie bride. My son will help me to post it.

Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff    We seem to have a lot in common.  I've had one knee replacement and badly need a second but am also trying to avoid it.  It is, however, an old back injury that bothers me walking or standing.  I don't go to any big venue because I can't get from the parking lot to the building. I do have two mobility scooters but the smaller one has something wrong with it and the other is too big and heavy to disassemble and lift into the car.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@lynnie61  How wonderful that your great aunt sewed for your Barbies. The velvet gowns with pearls must have been beautiful.

The little crocheted purse must have been so cute.

Barbies came out when I was a teen, so I did'nt have those.

My daughters had the barbie dolls.  Toni dolls were made in the 1940's and 50's. I got two of them in 1953. Then came the most popular doll at that time, Ginny. That was just before Barbies.

I found the pictures of Barbie in my daughter's gown. My son will help me post it.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   You are right, sometimes it is a bit of a walk from the parking areas to an event. Maybe a mechanic who does repairs on mopeds or motor bikes or lawn mowers could take a look at your scooter. If parts are available, my son can fix just about anything. If

you lived nearby, I'd have him take a look at it for you. He is my

mechanic and IT person. He built a computer for me and has kept many of my appliances going for years. I am lucky that he still lives here.

When we were young , we took so much for granted. Getting older is not for sissies. I am a wimp when it comes to surgeries. You are braver than I am, having had one knee done already.

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT   Thank you for the compliment. Ever since I was very young, I've loved creating and making things.I've always loved trying new arts and crafts. Now, I just don't seem to have the drive to create things so much. I don't know if it is my age (74) or the fact that I have been rather stressed out and depressed

since covid. I've only recently started trying to leave the house more.

How lovely that you still have a doll dress that your great aunt made for you. Your smocked dresses must have been beautiful.

What kind of arts and crafts are your favorites? Do you still do them? My middle daughter loves Early American and primitive decor. She likes crafting things too. She bought everything to stencil her kitchen floor, but has not started it yet.

Super Contributor

@Enufstuff  I am amazed at your fabulous talent!  Such intricate work.  I was doing good to knit a sweater for my son when he was a baby.  To say I'm impressed hardly expresses how I feel.