Honored Contributor

@sophiesofers wrote:

@Spurt    Those kitties are beautiful!  And everyday is National Cat Day in my house! LOL

@sophiesofers 

Actually in mine too............😸

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

• @Spurt wrote:

@hckynut 

I'm looking forward to August 17th Black Cat Appreciation Day so I can honor my sister's cat.......

Resized_20191125_121539.jpeg

And October 27th....NATIONAL CAT DAY! 😸 to honor my kitties....

Resized_20200701_203454 (1).jpeg

DSCF0885 (2).JPG   

99014371_2674132362908128_2416716662246998016_n.jpg

@Spurt 

We lost 2 of our black cats a few months ago. One of them was a tuxedo we had to euthanize because he was having seizures about every 5 minutes. He was 17 years old.

Our black cat's sister we had to euthanize a few weeks prior to that because of a years long urinary issue, she just was wasting away. She was this black cat's sister, who we brought in from being born on our property. One morning several weeks later, I checked on them and I found her dead on the floor in my wife's bedroom. She was the healthiest of them all and we believed she died of a broken heart from losing her sister.

The 3 we have left are all black with small white spot high on their chests. One is the mother of the tuxedo we had to euthanize.

She and the other 3, which included her son, were all 4 in my wife's bedroom. Now she is all alone. She is stubborn and small, thus her name, Tiny. She puts up with Lily, our dog, but only 1 of our other 2 cats.

He is our youngest 1 and likes to play, she does not. He is the one that bit me a few years ago and put me in the hospital with Cellulitis for over 7 days. We are afraid he may bite her if she jumps on him. So!!!!   

What great pictures of your beautiful cats. Looks like 3 different Tux's and the all black? Those 3 sure have some distinctive markings which really are unique.  

Will see if I can remember Black Cat Day in August. Thanks for the info and pix of your beautiful furry ones.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut 

I am so sorry for your losses, I know how they ache.

Best to you, Cindy, and the Furries. 💙💙💙

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@hckynut 

Sorry to hear of all your recent losses.  I know how much it hurts as I had to euthanize my black and white Tux a few months ago too.

I wasn't going to get another cat, but when the possibility started to cross my mind again I had my heart set on another Tuxedo.  But a tiny 2 lb grey and white tabby needed me more, I guess.  So he's my latest addition.🤷‍♀️

@Spurt 

Your Tuxies are beautiful.  Are they related?  How fortunate you are to have such lovelies in your life.❤️

(Mine resembled the one in your first photo.  He was a very cool cat.) 

Honored Contributor

Re: Happy Everyday

[ Edited ]

@hckynut 

I am so very sorry to hear about the passing of several of your beloved kitties...the one that lost her sister and died of a broken heart really touched me....😿 Cats are such special friends, they bring so much joy and comfort to our lives and its so difficult when they pass on....but we have precious memories to cherish to help ease the pain and we will never forget them.........................

Paper & Party Supplies love your pet pet sympathy message pet life  condolences for loss Cat Card Pet Sympathy Cards Death of a Cat pet cats  cat loss Greeting Cards

The black cat is my sister's...he showed up at her doorstep when it was 100 degrees, he was thirsty and hungry, he was pretty beat up too, had a lot of scars...this was right after she had to have her long time cat euthanized, and she swore she wasn't going to get another cat, well he won her heart and he turned out to be quite a handsome dashing fellow----very comical---he stares at himself in the mirror, loves to watch cartoons, he steals her Fit Bit from her nightstand drawer, and when he wants attention he knocks the artwork down from the walls....He's quite a clown...

My cats are the three Tuxedos---none of them are  related---all rescues!!! They dont really get along, they just tolerate each other. The one on the coffee table is a hunter, Catia (if a lizard ventures on to the fenced in patio it's a goner---best June Bug hunter too), the one in my avatar is my sweet and gentle Puddy Cat....The one with the bird is Figaro--she's a diva and in charge!

Like someone else said, although they have been assigned a special day---EVERYDAY IS CAT DAY! 😺

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@hckynut 

Sorry to hear of all your recent losses.  I know how much it hurts as I had to euthanize my black and white Tux a few months ago too.

I wasn't going to get another cat, but when the possibility started to cross my mind again I had my heart set on another Tuxedo.  But a tiny 2 lb grey and white tabby needed me more, I guess.  So he's my latest addition.🤷‍♀️

@Spurt 

Your Tuxies are beautiful.  Are they related?  How fortunate you are to have such lovelies in your life.❤️

(Mine resembled the one in your first photo.  He was a very cool cat.) 

@geezerette 

Im so sorry to hear about the loss of your Tuxedo cat! 😿I bet he was a handsome fellow and a wonderful friend and companion....Im so glad that gray and white tabby found you....Give him a big hug from me....

My Tux's arent related, and they are all rescues..They keep me laughing and smiling, and sure keep me busy...😸

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@sophiesofers wrote:

@Spurt    Those kitties are beautiful!  And everyday is National Cat Day in my house! LOL

@sophiesofers 

Actually in mine too............😸

@Spurt @sophiesofers   Same in my home!