Super Contributor

Happy Birthday Barry Manilow!

Best wishes to Barry Manilow on his birthday today. Great entertainer and supporter of music programs in schools. My sisters and I went to two of his concerts -- when he was on Broadway for the first time with Lady Flash and in Forest Hills Queens. Wonderful memories. I admire his survival in an incredibly tough business. Barry, you continue to bring so much joy. God bless, Lady Alice and sisters, Margie and Lisa from NJ
Trusted Contributor

Re: Happy Birthday Barry Manilow!

I too am a big Barry fan... I've seen many concerts over the years.   I wish Barry would put out an album of his own music again.  Those were the exciting times, new music from him.  

I nominated Barry for the Kennedy Center Honors for this year.   He deserves it and has been overlooked too long.   

They've honored Billy Joel and Neil Diamond... it's time to honor Barry for all he has done for music and for his charity work.

Contributor

happy birthday to him...

Trusted Contributor

Love Barry! Love Copa Cabana
Honored Contributor

I'm looking forwarding to seeing him on July 4th for the Capital Fourth show in PBS.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Occasional Contributor

I'm going to Barry's show tonight at Barclays Center in Brooklyn ...so excited!
Honored Contributor

The Brooklyn show is the one to go to. I"m so jealous!

Here's the info from PBS:

PBS · Music legend Barry Manilow returns for a third time to headline A Capitol Fourth, celebrating 35 years as America’s national Independence Day commemoration. Manilow will kick off the country’s 239th birthday with a patriotic medley and also close the broadcast as the sky lights up with the greatest fireworks display in the nation. See it Saturday, July 4th 8/7c.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I'm following his Twitter feed of all the people going to the show tonight for his birthday.

It looks like a lot of fun.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Hope Barry had a fab birthday.  I like his song "Can't Smile Without You."