Esteemed Contributor

W Knotts Berry Farm etc. Also costume and candy sales expected to tank.  I'm sure the other Fall/Winter holidays are next.  Do you think we'll see Times Square NYE this year?

Honored Contributor

I think all events for the rest of the year and even into 2021 have been or will be cancelled.  

Honored Contributor

THUD!

Pat, maybe the ball will be dropped but in attendance will be very few who can stand in as representatives.  A possible list:  The mayor of NYC; perhaps the state governor; and, to make it feel familiar, Ryan Seacrest.  What would New Year's Eve be if it did not "rock"?

Pipe in "Auld Lang Syne" to keep a feeling of tradition and a continuation of life as we knew it.  We need hope more than anything now.

Maybe some Frank Sinatra could be broadcast after the ball has dropped.  Of course I'm thinking of "New York, New York."  Something to lift our spirits. 

Trusted Contributor

@patbz wrote:

W Knotts Berry Farm etc. Also costume and candy sales expected to tank.  I'm sure the other Fall/Winter holidays are next.  Do you think we'll see Times Square NYE this year?

@patbz  No way.  Even if a vaccine is rushed through late fall there will not be enough time for that to take effect in the masses and you cannot have a gathering like that in Times Square.  It will not be permitted in NYC.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Esteemed Contributor

Lol!

I said this a couple months ago, and people didn't like my looking so far ahead.

I told you guys that this was gonna happen.

And while I'm at it, the Macy*s Thanksgiving Day parade will be CANCELLED.

Gathering in Times Square in New Year's eve will be CANCELLED.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Everything is going to be canceled.  

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Lol!

I said this a couple months ago, and people didn't like my looking so far ahead.

I told you guys that this was gonna happen.

And while I'm at it, the Macy*s Thanksgiving Day parade will be CANCELLED.

Gathering in Times Square in New Year's eve will be CANCELLED.

@Anonymous032819  I have read these predictions all over the internet for months. Sorry to say but you can stop patting yourself on the back. People aren't as stupid as you think.

Respected Contributor

Just saw on the news  Rockettes will have no Christmas show this year.

Honored Contributor

When Disney canceled their "Mickey's not so scary Halloween party" on Halloween night, my husband was so upset but we got our money refunded for the tickets and come Halloween night, we'll watch the parade from last year on youtube and eat candy.. might even wear our flashing Mickey pumpkin hats and my flashing Mickey necklace, LOL @ourselves..  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Halloween cancelled

Don't break my heart.