Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

I am feeling guilty that all of you are worried about me. I am okay There are so many others to think about. I just read about someones mother here that fell and hit her head. It reminded me of what happened to my brother who also fell and was about 32. He didn't make it. He had also had an injury from the Korean War. So give your prayers to them. Thank you again for your thoughts.

@halfpint1

You can't feel "guilty" for others caring about you, while we also care about others.

Prayers are endless, there's plenty to go around to whoever needs them!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I understand HP has been checked out by her dr.s.  These are sounds found around her home. (a Dr. can't check this)

It is really hard to explain what I am trying to say. HP may only hear them, not other people. Has HP's city put up the 5G yet?

HP can only hear these noises at home, because this is where they are.

Respected Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

No to tinnitus yet. Why am I so sure it is the ac-heater making the noise I can't take--no one hears it!!

Dear @halfpint1... It could well be your mind's way of trying to rationalize the noise in your ears or head. That's what we all do at first, when things don’t seem to make sense. We try to explain it away. 

You've had the ac-heater checked out more than once by professionals, as well as your son. The policemen only hear clocks ticking, because the noise isn’t coming from anything in your house. The good news is; there's no danger to you or your kitties from faulty appliances. 

I hope the anti-anxiety pills are helping you to relax enough to sleep. 

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

No to tinnitus yet. Why am I so sure it is the ac-heater making the noise I can't take--no one hears it!!

@halfpint1

Have you tried turning your AC/furnace off when you hear the noise?  If you still hear it after that’s off, you’ll know it’s not that. 

I believe that you can hear a noise that no one else hears.  That happened to me some years ago.  I started hearing a loud noise from our furnace at times during the night.  My husband never heard it.  It didn’t happen all the time, only intermittently, and not in a pattern.  This went on for a couple of years.  Finally, one day when it happened during the day, my husband heard it.  He didn’t know what it was.  We called our serviceman out several times, and of course, it never happened when he was here!  

Fast forward a few years to today—my husband is gone, I’m alone, and the AC/furnace is still working—and still making that noise!

So, @halfpint1, my point is, maybe you do hear a noise that no one else hears right now.  But, since you have had many different people out to check, and your a/c and heat is still working, even if that is where the noise is coming from, it must not be serious.  If it bothers you when you hear it, turn the tv on and watch tv for a while during the night.

And if it finally breaks down some day, then you can have the last laugh and tell everyone, “I told you so!”😉

Esteemed Contributor

A noise is driving me right now--loud for the past hour--I believe heater for it was on and I can't get it off.--noise Also the telephone wire pulled out and dummy me where the little one goes dummy me--waiting for my son to show me. so phone isn't working. Heaven help us all. But it rang but couln't understand caller. Doesn't make sense. Can't get out to anyone.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

A noise is driving me right now--loud for the past hour--I believe heater for it was on and I can't get it off.--noise Also the telephone wire pulled out and dummy me where the little one goes dummy me--waiting for my son to show me. so phone isn't working. Heaven help us all. But it rang but couln't understand caller. Doesn't make sense. Can't get out to anyone.

Can you just get a cheapy cell phone?

Esteemed Contributor

geezerette can you explain this--another phone call--Bob but not even a minute and I can't get back to him.--it rang. then silence. I hope he comes here soon. still noise driving me.

Esteemed Contributor

Why can I hear it outside and just as loud?

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1  I'm glad your son is on his way over while you're hearing it.  If he can't hear it this time you'll know it's not real.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know if he will hear this for he never has. I isn't on like heat for I have a ribbon that swings to tell us it is on. I hope he comes before he said 3 it is that now.k