Honored Contributor

Anyone know why HSN is no longer live 24 hrs?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Cutbacks from the MotherShip. HSN is slowly but surely being trimmed till there will be very little left of the HSN we a knew many years ago. 

In the end, if the numbers aren't there, Qurate is going to get rid of it. It's a money saving strategy, no doubt. EVINE has no live overnight programming either.

Esteemed Contributor

I imagine that it's a cost-cutting move by Qurate/ QVC.  

Fewer hosts needed, hence they let 3 of them go, and I imagine that the crew working that shift was reduced too.

Valued Contributor

@Johnnyeager 

I’m not a huge HSN watcher....kind of a flipper. But, who did they let go?  Just curious.  Thanks

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Honored Contributor

@Jayhawk Girl wrote:

@Johnnyeager 

I’m not a huge HSN watcher....kind of a flipper. But, who did they let go?  Just curious.  Thanks

@Jayhawk Girl, Robin Wall, Brett Chuckerman and Connie Craig-Carroll.  Robin is already gone and I think Brett is as well. Connie is leaving next month.  

I believe there will be a Farewell Connie party today at 5:30.  I don't know if it's live on HSN or just FB.

Esteemed Contributor

Brett is still there, I saw him yesterday but he probably leaves in a couple of weeks.

Interesting, Robin is still posting on her HSN Facebook page.

(I think that Connie's farewell is just on Facebook.)

Honored Contributor

I figured as much, but it does not make sense to me.  If your business is selling, then sell.  Maybe they should have tried serious sales,(2 fers, half price, etc.) and discounts on shipping.

But maybe thats why I never owned my own business.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Most likely because the over night shows weren't profitable.  Evine does "Encore" shows overnight too.  I knew about Connie and Brett leaving,  I didn't know about Robin.  It seems like Qurate is restructuring HSN.  

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Brett is still there, I saw him yesterday but he probably leaves in a couple of weeks.

Interesting, Robin is still posting on her HSN Facebook page.

(I think that Connie's farewell is just on Facebook.)

I checked the Program Guide and put Brett's name in.  He has shows that come up through July 6.  

Robin is still listed on the host page which is weird too.  

Honored Contributor

HSN did taped programming in the overnight hours awhile ago and then went back to all live.  QVC did as well.  That's when QVC began putting "LIVE" on the screen because some overnight programming was taped.  I remember it being a topic on this board.