Respected Contributor

HSN programming yesterday (sept 27, 2022)

This may have already been asked, but why was most of the programming yesterday on HSN showing "prerecorded".  There were no live shows in early evening/evening.  Whenever I tuned in, it never matched with what was on the schedule.  I thought maybe it was Hurricane related, but the storm isn't supposed to hit Florida until late tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for the information

Respected Contributor

Re: HSN programming yesterday (sept 27, 2022)

Yes-the idea was to give employees time to do hurricane preparation and/or evacuate if it is necessary. Hope all are safe.

Honored Contributor

they will be no LIVE programming for at least two days.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Thank you all--that makes perfect sense.  Living in Colorado--No hurricanes.  However, we sometimes get them in the winter--they're called Blizzards.

I hope everyone in Ian's path remains safe.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last I saw there was a CAT-5 hurricane approaching Florida. That is why no live programming on HSN.

ETA-

It has been downgraded to a CAT-4 ...but still that's bad enough.

Esteemed Contributor

Oddly enough, HSN seems to be broadcasting LIVE today.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@LindaSal 

No, it is not live. It's pre-recorded video and there's a banner on the bottom saying that live broadcasting is suspended due to the hurricane.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@LindaSal   I think they were able to record the midnight TS ahead of time, to be able to show the repeat recordings all day.  

Honored Contributor

I can't begin to imagine the traffic on Florida's west coast.  I-75 is a terror on any normal day.   Early yesterday, local officials had already asked 3/4 million people to evacuate.   Look how long that coast is and give it solid lanes of traffic.  Everyone cannot evacuate after the exact paths of the wind and water are set. 

HSN did the right thing by letting their employees have time either to finish prepping their homes or to try to get out of the way.   Lots of other workers need to be left in place as long as possible.

Esteemed Contributor

Watch the news. They are evacuated.