Super Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

HSN is not offering free shipping as much as before.  Lancome always had free shipping on HSN, but recently I saw items that had shipping fee.

@I discovered the change today when I was going to purchase two sets of sheets @ $24.99 each which is a great deal! But shipping is a total of $15.00!!! In the past (always with clearance items) shipping was reduced when purchasing two or more items. 

I miss those shipping deals. They also used to offer free shipping on clearance days if your total was $75 or greater....no more!

Super Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

HSN is not offering free shipping as much as before.  Lancome always had free shipping on HSN, but recently I saw items that had shipping fee.

@Shelbelle I noticed that too. I used to buy the Lancôme concealer when it was offered with free shipping.

Honored Contributor

I noticed the s/h fees are higher....gone are the good ole' days of free shipping I'm sure!  

I noticed on a clearance sheet set it was $7.50 to ship.  What was more disappointing to me was my fav brand, Curtis Stone the prices were good but the s/h added up!

Super Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I noticed the s/h fees are higher....gone are the good ole' days of free shipping I'm sure!  

I noticed on a clearance sheet set it was $7.50 to ship.  What was more disappointing to me was my fav brand, Curtis Stone the prices were good but the s/h added up!

I know the shipping fees eliminate the good deals!

Esteemed Contributor

@2blonde  How do you get the coupons.  Is it the charge card? which I don't have.

Esteemed Contributor

I have no problem waiting for Zulily to ship the packages from MARS (LOL).  Customer service is excellent.  The two times I had an issue with the product they took the return, no shipping fee back to them and to be nice they gave me a store credit... extra.  I guess they appreciate my orders which are numerous. 

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

@2blonde  How do you get the coupons.  Is it the charge card? which I don't have.

i get cards in the mail

kind of old school, right 

Honored Contributor

I pretty much don't shop HSN or Evine. I've made maybe one purchase from each of them in my lifetime. I simply don't find the selection or the quality or the style of things I do here at Q. I will say I don't buy fashion or anything related from any channel, though.

Those other two networks have never been able to hold a candle to QVC in sales volume, and I don't see where adding higher/more shipping is going to do them any favors. 

All the shopping channels are up against the wall, with so many online retailers having at least free shipping with a $99 order, and others with flat rate shipping for orders (many of the candle companies charge a flat rage regardless of how many candles you order). 

I honestly don't see how long they can keep up this high shipping. It would seem they'd be much further ahead to build half or three quarters of the current shipping price into the cost of the item, then list it as free shipping. I mean, we all know shipping is never really 'free' it is built into the cost somewhere, but people are turning away from ordering multiples of things here all the time, when they look at what the shipping adds up to, to buy three or four or five things in one order. 

Super Contributor

@mollymaggie wrote:

I love house items so Ive watched alot today  They arent even sales  Most of the items are what they normslly charge  Who are they fooling  ?  The funniest one was a set of Joys towels  They came up with this price of over 280 dollars  marked down to 49  Her towels are thin and cheap and normally sell for maybe 59 at the most

————-

I hate it when retailers inflate the original price, of an item, and then put it on “sale”!

I don’t know if it’s still true, but, Macy’s used to be notorious, for this, with their fine jewelry. 

I’d rather a retailer just price the item fairly, and not have the sales.  

Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

@bonnielu@homedecorator@Shogirl  I'm confident the lack of free shipping does correlate with QVC's parent company purchasing HSN.  I am still getting the 20% off coupons from HSN, though (max. savings of $25, and only goo for 1 or 2 days).

I also am a big fan of Zulily, but don't order from them if you're in a hurry.......they charge your CC immediately, and the item doesn't arrive for about 3 weeks.

no go for me,  I am not waiting 3 weeks for anything these days, and most of it is final sale, at least it was the last time I looked

Zulily is VERY slow but has good prices.