Honored Contributor

i am in the maryland area and i generally get my hsn packages pretty quickly.....more quickly than from qvc.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor
Did anyone notice that QVC charges tax on shipping? It's a small difference but it adds up and besides, it's not right to do that! I complained to a customer service rep and got nowhere. The rep was rude and danced around the issue. When you buy something and they give you a grand total, be sure to double check your total.
Honored Contributor

Candyapple wrote:
Did anyone notice that QVC charges tax on shipping? It's a small difference but it adds up and besides, it's not right to do that! I complained to a customer service rep and got nowhere. The rep was rude and danced around the issue. When you buy something and they give you a grand total, be sure to double check your total.

@Candyapple

i believe it depends on where you live. in maryland, we dont get taxed on shipping alone, but we can be taxed on handling. if they call the charge  both
"shipping and handling" combined,  then we CAN be taxed on it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Candyapple wrote:

It depends on the state.  I live in Tennessee, and we get charged on shipping.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

It's not QVC it's government, state, I believe.

Super Contributor
@sunshine45, NickNack and Noel7

Thank you! I didn't even know that....The rep could've been nicer and explained that.
Trusted Contributor

For me, both HSN and Evine are quicker on delivery than QVC.  I do agree it probably does have something to do with the state you live in though.

For instance, the HSN Alice event was on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I got one box YESTERDAY ( Thursday) and the rest came today!  Now, that's pretty fast.