Trusted Contributor

I'm not a regular shopping at HSN but, because they gave me a $10 birthday gift card, I placed a small order (Lancome Mascara) on May 18.   Today is May 27 and I haven't received it yet..  So this morning, I checked order status.  It was shipped May 26 - yesterday - 8 days after the order was placed - and is scheduled for delivery June 1.  That is rediculous!  Don't know if  this is routine for their shipping, but I know that I won't be ordering from them again - even if I do get a gift!   Terrible service, IMHO!!!

Trusted Contributor

I do not see how it is ridiculous.  This is mascara -- not heart medication.

When the order was placed, you were given an estimated date of delivery.   Shipping takes time, and you have to figure in the weekends plus the holiday.

The funny thing is that people on QVC's boards consantly complain about QVC and say they prefer HSN's shipping.  People on HSN boards freuqnelty state QVC  has better shipping.

The problem is that peole want shopping channels to be like Amazon or brick and mortar stores which have numerous warehouses around the country.  Shopping chnnels do not hae this, and spending time complaining about shipping time for something so non-essential such as mascara is another sign of our culture of entitlement that many now have in this "I-want-it-now" culture.

Respected Contributor

For me, both HSN and EVINE shipping are slower than QVC.  I never order anything I need right away from any of them.  I go Amazon for that.

Esteemed Contributor

If it was the same mascara I ordered it was on Extended Delivery since it sold out when presented.  It was due to ship out on the 26th.  HSN ships very fast.  Never a problem with their shipping.  That mascara was on Extended Delivery.  I ended up cancelling my order because I really didn't need it.  

Super Contributor

Shipping may depend upon where you live.  Everytime I order from HSN it takes at least 10 days to arrive. I live in the northeast.  I received a package yesterday and I looked at the box and couldn't remember what I ordered until I opened it.  

Honored Contributor

The shipping of all these shopping channels baffles me. Sometimes I get stuff in 2 days from when I order, I'm in WA state, and other times it takes 2 weeks. Usually the Q takes the longest but then I ordered that leather RIFD bag from Lodis when it was the TSV, and got it in 3 days!!  But then ordered something from H#SN and by week 3 still didn't have it. That was a fiasco but their CS worked with me.

Honored Contributor

I'm in the metro DC area and can't ever recall "fast" shipping from HSN.  And when they do ship, most often it's UPS to USPS thing, which adds another day.  With QVC, it's all over the place.  I will say that things seem to take the longest when they are SG items, which somehow surprises me.  

Respected Contributor

I always have to watch when I'm ordering because sometimes it will say that it's an advanced order, even when it wasn't announced during the presentation (this happens a lot with Evine).

Laura loves cats!
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

After this week I'll never say bad about HSN ... It took about 8 days to reach me, but I returned a ring Mon night via their 1st class return postage of $7.95 and they credited my return Thur morning, I was pleasantly shocked!  QVC returns take 14 days or more now, zI notice that my P.O. doesn't even track it for 3-4 days now AFTER I put it in the mailbox.

Honored Contributor

You have to pay attention when you order from HSN because they rarely tell you that something is on extended delivery if you order while the item is being presented.  If you went to the website and ordered, it does tell you there but it's easy to miss.

I live in Ohio and unless an item is shipping directly from the vendor, I generally get my orders in about 5 days.  Their processing of returns is super fast as well.  I returned an item Monday and I already have the refund in my bank account.

However, their return charges are expensive.  If you use their return label, they raised the fee and the cheapest is $7.95 now.  It was cheaper for me to use the return label on what I returned than to pay on my own but that is a lot of money for a return.  

It used to be that when you purchased using the HSN charge card, if you returned an item, they gave you a spendable cash credit of the return label fee.  Now, they will only give you a $5.00 credit and only for the first few returns you  make (3?) and that's it.  So for me, there is no reason to have the HSN charge anymore and I'm calling to cancel it and close my account.  I'll use Paypal from now on to purchase from them.