Contributor

HSN - No longer supplying return labels??

I recently ordered a kitchen item from HSN, and decided it wasn't for me. There is no return shipping label, and instructions say to return by carrier of choice and make sure to insure. Maybe it's just the larger, heavier (and more costly to return) items they are doing this with. That will definitely make me more aware of what I order from HSN.

Anyone else find this with their returns to HSN?

Respected Contributor

Re: HSN - No longer supplying return labels??

It's been years since I've returned anything at HSN, so I'm not sure what's up, but did you look closely at the invoice that came with your item? Sometimes part of the invoice is perforated and serves as the return label.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Contributor

On 2/6/2014 Topaz Gem said:

It's been years since I've returned anything at HSN, so I'm not sure what's up, but did you look closely at the invoice that came with your item? Sometimes part of the invoice is perforated and serves as the return label.

There is definitely no return label, and I did not have the option to print one on-line, either. When I check my order under "return options" it just keeps flipping me into the sign-in page, but I'm already signed in. It was free shipping to me, so paying to ship it back isn't a big deal - just wondered if they were changing their policies due to rising USPS costs. Guess I'll give CS a call....

Contributor

I returned a pair of beats headphones for my husband in January and I used the UPS return label that they provided. Maybe they don't give return labels for larger items.

Super Contributor

The return label is right on the back of your packing slip which is enclosed in every order. You just peel it off and stick it on the package. The label tells you whether to take it to a USPS or other facility and no insurance is needed. Items over 70 lbs. must go to UPS. You can also print a return label from their website.

Trusted Contributor

It is my understanding that there are some items with which return labels are not automatically included. I believe this is the case when items are drop-shipped directly from the vendor in HSN's name (rather than from the HSN warehouse).

Esteemed Contributor

I had a similar case. Call them; they'll likely tell you it was shipped from the vendor and you have to return it to them.

There was no pre-paid label for mine, but there was a printed label with my address in the return area.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

If you don't have a return label, it is because the item didn't ship from an HSN warehouse.

Respected Contributor

Yes, the peel off sticky return label is on your invoice...have you checked?

Contributor

On 2/6/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:

The return label is right on the back of your packing slip which is enclosed in every order. You just peel it off and stick it on the package. The label tells you whether to take it to a USPS or other facility and no insurance is needed. Items over 70 lbs. must go to UPS. You can also print a return label from their website.

I know where the return label is - I have used return labels in the past. I'm saying there was NO return label on my invoice, just a blank space where it would have been. As I also stated, there is NO option on the website to print a return label, which I have also done. It does not come up under "return options." So, I'm concluding that heavier items (this was 14 pounds) are no longer eligible for the pre-paid return option. This might be something new, as I've not encountered this before. Also, it was the Nutri Bullet blender from a few days ago, so most likely it shipped from the vendor. Thanks for all replies.