Honored Contributor

Re: HSN Jessica Simpson

[ Edited ]

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Kachina624, Quite a few years back, a friend of mine had the bright idea that we could go roller skating outside.  Of course, helmets, pads on knees and elbows.

HWhat do you suppose my response was?  

H*** No!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They are charming.  The 14-year-old me would have loved them to go skating at our closest roller rink, which was located in Braddock Heights, Md.  I never really did get the hang of roller skating in a rink.  Up and down the sidewalks of my neighborhood -- yes -- but the rink always challenged me. 

Here is a blurry image of the rink.  

No photo description available.

A clearer image below.  You know, the more I think about it, the more I realize that I had a very nice childhood.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good price until....I have to add in the cost of an ER visit for me at my age!!  Back in the 70's, I was all about it!

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

That last presentation with her daughter was very strange.

Honored Contributor

Great gift for a teenager (or any ager) into roller skating)!

Honored Contributor

Everything old is new again! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I skated a lot growing up and decided to go back in my mid 20s. I was having such a great time and showing off a little and plop down I went and broke my right wrist going backwards. I didn't know for days, just that it hurt bit ended up in a cast. 

I also drove a stick shift at the time. lol 

Trusted Contributor

That's actually a competetive price. I know people who haven't stopped skating since the 80's. Several have custom skates and they go to the rink once or twice a week--it's a whole party. My younger daughter chose for us to all go skating when she turned 25 a couple of years ago. So much fun for her friends and for me and hubby too.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

She evidently cancelled an appearance:

Nov 17, 2022

Jessica Simpson's mom had to step in for her when she was set to make an HSN appearance on Thursday to show off her holiday collection. During the broadcast the HSN host said the 42-year-old had to cancel her appearance after being sick "with a little bit of the flu." On Wednesday, she took to her style Instagram profile to tease the appearance and she looked haute for the holidays. Jessica's sick day comes just weeks after she responded to her fans' comments and concerns over her health.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1YchOvO5Rw 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As a kid I was pretty good on ice skates but never could equal that performance on roller skates, the shoe kind.  So my roller skating era was early grade school when you attached the skates to your shoes with a key.  That would be quite a trick now with all the sneakers.  

P.S. When will these companies ever learn that Jessica Simpson will be an unenthusiastic spokesperson for your product?