Honored Contributor

While I never watched Shannon Smith very much, I'm dismayed to know that Shannon Fox and Lesley Marcado (sp?) are also gone.  They were probably my two favorite HSN hosts.  Lesley has such a lovely voice.  

Honored Contributor

It's obvious that Curate or whatever they are called, is hemorhaging profits.  I'll be back when the hacking and bloodletting is over.  I just might have to shop real stores again.

Respected Contributor

Re: HSN Host Departures

[ Edited ]

Shannon Smith and Lesley Marcado we're not the host I thought would be dismissed. I would have chosen host that can't complete a sentence without fumbling, pausing, searching for words and seemed unprepared. 

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

It's obvious that Curate or whatever they are called, is hemorhaging profits.  I'll be back when the hacking and bloodletting is over.  I just might have to shop real stores again.

Not me @depglass  !

I have never been a store shopper! Before Al invented the internet, I bought everything from catalogs!

In the 'old' days, I got all my clothes from the Spiegel Together catalog!   LOL

In fact, I got these exact jeans Q is carrying now at Spiegel a thousand years ago!

Isaac Mizrahi Live! Regular Pull On Embroidered Ankle Jeans - QVC.com

If Q disappears, I'll find another retailer online (NOT Amz though)

Honored Contributor

RespectLife, I'm afraid I have to agree with you.  I HATE traipsing around stores and trying things on.  It seemed like I could never find a darn thing.  So when I discovered QVC in 1996 I had my solution.  I also was a catalog shopper previously.  So I hope I calm down and forgive them, but not for awhile. It is not the fault of the hosts that they are losing money.  They overbought during Covid and then prices rose on new stock, a double whammy. Just check clearance and lunchtime specials and you will see items that never should have been purchased.  My favorite is a dinnerware set, beautiful Christmas theme, with a brown plum pudding taking up the center.  It looks like a piece of Spam.  

Honored Contributor

@depglass 

To me, catalogs were for making a list for Santa.

I enjoy shopping in stores, shopping is fun.  Back to school shopping with my mother, the after Christmas sales, a car full of bags...

Respected Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

Shannon Smith and Lesley Marcado we're not the host I thought would be dismissed. I would have chosen host that can't complete a sentence without fumbling, pausing, searching for words and seemed unprepared. 

@Etoile308    ITA!!  Why why why is this host still there. Horrible! and she's been there 15 years!! She still cannot get it together after 15 YES 15 years!! Now she is getting more hours too. She's awful doing jewelry.

Respected Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@CatsyCline    Took me a minute but I think I know who you're referring to.  First Initial L???

Regular Contributor

Lesley was a great host in my opinion.  HSN wasted no time in removing pictures of the hosts they let go