Frequent Visitor

Its one year ago 01-21-2018 I made this purchase.  All thou, I was never  happy with it, I thought why complaint.  Well my volume died this morning so I call Hp customer care and guess what...they can't help because I was out of warranty but they have a department that could help.  Well for that department help get my volume back it was going to cost me a total of 215.00, an activation fee 35.00 and monthly fee 15.00 with a one year contract.  How that for service.  I will never buy a HP computer again.  As polite as they were, being that the service was oversea I couldn't understand and had to have them repeat things.  They kept saying I'm over my warranty, yeah but by two days.  Buyers be aware..

Honored Contributor

Well that's how a warranty works. Yes it's only been a couple of days but it has a set start & ending date.

You should have returned it when you bought it if you were not happy with it as you said.

Google the problem you will probably find an answer. It might be something you can fix yourself. It could be something simple like updating a driver or turning the volume up.

Frequent Contributor

Long time ago I had an all in one desktop and same thing happened to me.  We had a set of speakers though from an older computer that you plugged in and they worked.  If you look for portable plug and play speakers on Amazon this may be an answer.  I don't think they're very expensive now (but haven't taken a look).  Make sure your computer has the correct portal for it by reading the instructions first on Amazon and all of the reviews. Good luck. It definitely worked for me until I eventually purchased laptops instead of a desktop.  I say laptop(s) because they've had issues too and had to be replaced.  

Honored Contributor

@MariaIsabel

Are you using Windows 7?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@MariaIsabel wrote:

Its one year ago 01-21-2018 I made this purchase.  All thou, I was never  happy with it, I thought why complaint.  Well my volume died this morning so I call Hp customer care and guess what...they can't help because I was out of warranty but they have a department that could help.  Well for that department help get my volume back it was going to cost me a total of 215.00, an activation fee 35.00 and monthly fee 15.00 with a one year contract.  How that for service.  I will never buy a HP computer again.  As polite as they were, being that the service was oversea I couldn't understand and had to have them repeat things.  They kept saying I'm over my warranty, yeah but by two days.  Buyers be aware..

@MariaIsabel

Seriously?   If your contract had lapsed, why would you think they would honor it?   

I've never been likely to buy warranties, but I bought a Dell laptop a few years ago, and within 2 years I had spent more on repairs than the computer cost!  

JMO,  so I now think warranties are a good idea ....  but you can't expect to let them lapse and think they'll honor it.   

Honored Contributor

That happened because you let the warranty run out.  I'm 100% certain that before it ran out, they sent you an email offering an extension.  

Super Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Well that's how a warranty works. Yes it's only been a couple of days but it has a set start & ending date.

You should have returned it when you bought it if you were not happy with it as you said.

Google the problem you will probably find an answer. It might be something you can fix yourself. It could be something simple like updating a driver or turning the volume up.

ITA @Nightowlz.