Respected Contributor

Such 

A very loyal smart, brave dog!   (you can see captured fugitive DC boots right in front of Yoda)

He really risked being in the line of fire, last nite watching TV thought i heard a US Marshall (on CNN - a talking head)   saying they sent Yoda in first!  wow!

i looked into maybe having a Belgian Malinois shephered for a pet, someday. they are very high-energy dogs.  Need lots of exercise and 4 meals every day.  

however :-( i really can't have any pets because DH is allergic to dog dander. 

Meet K-9 Yoda, police dog that helped capture convicted killer who escaped  prison | KRCG

Trusted Contributor

He's so handsome! What a good boy!

Esteemed Contributor

Yoda doesn't look like someone who suffers fools (or criminals) lightly.  

Dogs...love them.❤

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Sad, but it would not surprise me if Yoda now has a price on his head.

Criminals do go after an animal that has captured one of them.

Honored Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

Sad, but it would not surprise me if Yoda now has a price on his head.

Criminals do go after an animal that has captured one of them.

Really?  I can't imagine that.  How would they know which one is Yoda vs. another Belgian Malinois?

yoda.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Love it!  Would love it if they showed body cam footage on On Patrol Live.  

@Icegoddess Police cleaned the guy up before most photos. According to his handler officer during today's presss conference the dog is trained to latch on to one spot and hold it with his teeth until the handler gives the dog the signal to stop. Cavalcante's face was covered with blood afterwards. I have a picture but I'm afraid of offending some that don't like the sight of blood. No wounds are visible in the picture, just blood on his face that dripped down from where he as bitten on his scalp.

I was wondering if the way Cavalcante was hiding the only area the dog could reach was his scalp.

The head is so vascular that there is alot of blood from any wound. 

Honored Contributor

Good pup!  He should get a metal!!!

Trusted Contributor

@CatsyCline When I was young my Dad bought a Belgian Malinois female to protect the family since he owned a jewelry store and we all lived behind & above it.  She was a female and a wonderful dog - however, I believe if a bad guy came into the store Lucky would just smother him in kisses lol.  I used to paint her toenails, put Mom's Sunday hat with veil on her, load her in the wagon and take her for a walk. Smiley Very Happy