Respected Contributor

@D Kay wrote:

Malinois

@D Kay    thank you. fixed it.

Esteemed Contributor

Brave and adorable. Such a beautiful working dog who did his job very well. 

Honored Contributor

Love it!  Would love it if they showed body cam footage on On Patrol Live.  

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

He should train the cops.

The other way around - the cops trained him.

Trusted Contributor

This breed means business...serious business. Would not want to get on their bad side and be on the receiving end. Ha! 

Job well done and so glad Yoda was not hurt protecting and serving all of us.

Honored Contributor

Re: HERO Dog!! Yoda!!

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

Love it!  Would love it if they showed body cam footage on On Patrol Live.  

@Icegoddess Police cleaned the guy up before most photos. According to his handler officer during today's presss conference the dog is trained to latch on to one spot and hold it with his teeth until the handler gives the dog the signal to stop. Cavalcante's face was covered with blood afterwards. I have a picture but I'm afraid of offending some that don't like the sight of blood. No wounds are visible in the picture, just blood on his face that dripped down from where he as bitten on his scalp.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D I saw a picture of his face.  Odd that the dog would go for the head unless that was the cloeset option.  

Yeah, I know how the dogs do.  I've seen them have to pry the dog's mouth off in some cases.  

Respected Contributor

Man's best friend...well, some, not all!

Honored Contributor

@AuntG Oh  come on. Don't blame the police because this guy had 100s of places to hide. That 's ridiculous.

I hope Yoda gets a steak for the next 2 weeks!

Honored Contributor

Re: HERO Dog!! Yoda!!

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Mindy D I saw a picture of his face.  Odd that the dog would go for the head unless that was the cloeset option.  

Yeah, I know how the dogs do.  I've seen them have to pry the dog's mouth off in some cases.  

@Icegoddess @The officer mentioned why during the press conference. I think calvalcante was trying to keep crawling away. I think the officer said he was still holding the rifle. If you want to, you can probably view the press conference on YT.