Esteemed Contributor

Re: HELP ME TO DECIDE A COLOR-RED OR BLACK

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

My college colors are red and black so I'd look for that and maybe put decal on it.    If I HAD to choose between red and black , I'd probably get red. Live large!!  

They don't make them in multi-colors.  Red or Blue with a couple in black is all that is offered.  The one I have which is thirteen years old needs to be retired, which by the way is red.  I thought I just might be different by going with the black.

Yes, even more of a reason to go with the black.  Change it up!  It will feel more new that way!  :-)

So far it appears the black has it.  Incidentally, have I ever mentioned to you that I am a New York gal.  Born and raised there, lived in Richmond Hill, Queens, spent summers on Long Island where my wonderful father built a summer house.  Left N.Y. in 1965 to live in CA because of my husband's, job.

@Lindsays Grandma, I have a soft spot for Queens since much of my father's family lived there and it was a big part of my childhood.  And I was raised on Long Island.  It's always nice to "meet" another NY girl!  :-)

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma. Get the black!  And get some zebra and animal print accessories to go with it.  I've seen animal print canes.  Get some shoes, sox, or blouses in zebra print!  

Now that's different isn't it?  Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

My college colors are red and black so I'd look for that and maybe put decal on it.    If I HAD to choose between red and black , I'd probably get red. Live large!!  

They don't make them in multi-colors.  Red or Blue with a couple in black is all that is offered.  The one I have which is thirteen years old needs to be retired, which by the way is red.  I thought I just might be different by going with the black.

Yes, even more of a reason to go with the black.  Change it up!  It will feel more new that way!  :-)

So far it appears the black has it.  Incidentally, have I ever mentioned to you that I am a New York gal.  Born and raised there, lived in Richmond Hill, Queens, spent summers on Long Island where my wonderful father built a summer house.  Left N.Y. in 1965 to live in CA because of my husband's, job.

@Lindsays Grandma, I have a soft spot for Queens since much of my father's family lived there and it was a big part of my childhood.  And I was raised on Long Island.  It's always nice to "meet" another NY girl!  :-)

That says we have a lot in common.  Considering how many people post on these forums what are the chances two people lived in the same city and town?  Loved it on Long Island, made lots of friends from Riverhead and Wading River, sure miss those summers at the beach.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Regular Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma. Get the black!  And get some zebra and animal print accessories to go with it.  I've seen animal print canes.  Get some shoes, sox, or blouses in zebra print!  

Now that's different isn't it?  Woman Wink

Great idea @Sooner!

Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma

Besides the fact that you really prefer the black, I would get the black.  

I may may have one in my not too distant future....I would definitely “ decorate “ it so it makes me smile as well as onlookers.  I have bought “ accessories “ for my two cousins who use walkers, one has Parkinson’s and the other has had many surgeries.  They are practical and colorful !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma......its seems to me that you have already made your choice.  You like the black, so go for it.  Good luck and God bless.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma  Born and raised in Northern Calfornia, and still here. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

If it were me, I'd get the blue one but since you've eliminated that choice, I'd get what you want....which sounds like it is the black one.  BTW, don't be scared that it will look like all the others and someone may get it mixed up with theirs and take it.  People hang all sorts of trinkets and small stuffed animals from the front bar.  I noticed this at the two nursing home/assisted living facilities I've been in recently.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Get what you like!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

RED.  It will be easier to find.  My dad had a red one.  It is stored at my house now.  Dad was a "hip" guy and a jolly fellow.  It matched his personality.