Esteemed Contributor

Re: HELP ME TO DECIDE A COLOR-RED OR BLACK

@OKPrincess wrote:

You can’t go wrong with either color but my first preference for me is red — especially if purple wasn’t available.

As soon as I saw the color purple I thought of my dear friend who passed away in 2011 due to breast cancer.  Her favorite color was purple and no matter how the years went by, that never changed and if she ever had to use a walker I'll bet she would get one and have it painted purple, I miss her every day.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

My vote is black.....but, I think you should get what pleases you..  As you have stated that you think the black is really nice, you seem to favor that choice.

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  Are you talking about a walker or Rotator with wheels?   I have the Rotator in black and you can sit down on it and it has storage under the seat area.  Check out these Rotators much nicer than a walker.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

You’ve had red for a good while, have you ever been sorry it was red, or felt it didn’t look right with something, or do you need a change?

If the red has worked for you, and you still like it, go for it.

If you want a change, you can try the black.

Personally, I too would like a turquoise one, or a sage green one!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma  Are you talking about a walker or Rotator with wheels?   I have the Rotator in black and you can sit down on it and it has storage under the seat area.  Check out these Rotators much nicer than a walker.

Actually it will be a replacement for the one I have had for thirteen years.  Yes, it is the one with four wheels, seat and basket and as I mentioned in another post it is red so I thought I would be different by going with black since all you see out there is red or blue.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

You’ve had red for a good while, have you ever been sorry it was red, or felt it didn’t look right with something, or do you need a change?

If the red has worked for you, and you still like it, go for it.

If you want a change, you can try the black.

Personally, I too would like a turquoise one, or a sage green one!

It just so happens that the one I like in black also comes in green and from all I looked at it was the only green one I saw.

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  Red is my favorite color, but I also like black.  Black would be more neutral I would think.

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

Black...It goes with everything! Smiley Happy

Exactly!  I would definitely go with the black.  :-)

(My Mom's is red, and she's often with other people who also have red.  So I tied ribbons on hers, and now she can instantly tell which one is hers even when she doesn't have her glasses on!)

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

My college colors are red and black so I'd look for that and maybe put decal on it.    If I HAD to choose between red and black , I'd probably get red. Live large!!  

They don't make them in multi-colors.  Red or Blue with a couple in black is all that is offered.  The one I have which is thirteen years old needs to be retired, which by the way is red.  I thought I just might be different by going with the black.

Yes, even more of a reason to go with the black.  Change it up!  It will feel more new that way!  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

My college colors are red and black so I'd look for that and maybe put decal on it.    If I HAD to choose between red and black , I'd probably get red. Live large!!  

They don't make them in multi-colors.  Red or Blue with a couple in black is all that is offered.  The one I have which is thirteen years old needs to be retired, which by the way is red.  I thought I just might be different by going with the black.

Yes, even more of a reason to go with the black.  Change it up!  It will feel more new that way!  :-)

So far it appears the black has it.  Incidentally, have I ever mentioned to you that I am a New York gal.  Born and raised there, lived in Richmond Hill, Queens, spent summers on Long Island where my wonderful father built a summer house.  Left N.Y. in 1965 to live in CA because of my husband's, job.