Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Flag Day is not an official federal holiday, but its observance is proclaimed every year by the president of the United States....

'President of the United States of America, hereby proclaims June 14, 2021, as Flag Day, and the week starting June 13, 2021, as National Flag Week.  I direct the appropriate officials to display the flag on all Federal Government buildings during this week, and I urge all Americans to observe Flag Day and National Flag Week by displaying the flag.  I encourage the people of the United States to observe with pride and all due ceremony those days from Flag Day through Independence Day, set aside by the Congress (89 Stat. 211), as a time to honor the American spirit, to celebrate our history and the foundational values we strive to uphold, and to publicly recite the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America.'....

Some towns and cities hold parades and other events to celebrate the flag. 

Esteemed Contributor

In addition, several states recognize Flag Day as an official state holiday.

I can't believe that someone has never heard of it.  I remember celebrating it throughout grade school.  It's certainly not something new.

Honored Contributor

I heard several mentions of Flag Day on the news and on radio, in very positive terms.  Our block has put on a great display-- in addition to our flag, I can look out my front window and see three neighbors with theirs up.  Think there are more down the block, too, but I'd have to go outside to check.