Honored Contributor

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHER

[ Edited ]

The first thing I thought about when I woke up this morning was - It's Cher's birthday!!       Wow, 75!   She's an amazing artist, both in music and acting.

One of my fav movies is 'Silkwood' with Cher and Meryl Streep.   'Mask' was another good one and I even really liked her in 'Burlesque'.  Of course, 'Moonstruck'.   There was totally NOT enough of her in the second Mama Mia movie.

I bought her recent album with the ABBA songs.  Great stuff!

Happy Birthday, Cher!  Heart

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt ... I agree.  I don't think there is anyone out there that started as a singer and also became a great actress as Cher did, IMO...that's rare.   So many great roles that Cher played and I hope we see her in another movie soon.

Respected Contributor

@kittykatkay  Love her, too.  Last saw her perform in 2019.  My only fault with the concert was that she didn't sing 2 of her hits, Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves and Half Breed.

Watching this YouTube performance, I'm enjoying seeing all the sailors enjoying the show!  ⚓🛳

Thanks for sharing!

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

Cher is a independent talented caring woman!  I loved her when she and Sonny had their weekly TV show and of course one of my most favorite light hearted NY movies, Moonstruck!!!!!  She was a gem in that one and in other movies she made.  I respect her as an actress, singer and woman.  

Happy Birthday, Cher!!!!!  

Respected Contributor

Yes, she really showed her acting chops in several movies.  Loved her in Silkwood and Mask.

Respected Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@kittykatkay  Love her, too.  Last saw her perform in 2019.  My only fault with the concert was that she didn't sing 2 of her hits, Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves and Half Breed.

Watching this YouTube performance, I'm enjoying seeing all the sailors enjoying the show!  ⚓🛳

Thanks for sharing!

@SloopJohnB ....WOW, lucky you to see her performance in person.  I enjoy her videos too.....thank you for watching.

Respected Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

Cher is a independent talented caring woman!  I loved her when she and Sonny had their weekly TV show and of course one of my most favorite light hearted NY movies, Moonstruck!!!!!  She was a gem in that one and in other movies she made.  I respect her as an actress, singer and woman.  

Happy Birthday, Cher!!!!!  

@spiderw ....... I agree and couldn't have said it better myself.  

Respected Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

Yes, she really showed her acting chops in several movies.  Loved her in Silkwood and Mask.

@KKJ ....me too.  It's so nice to see so many of us here love and respect Cher.  She is an ICON, IMO.  Hope she stays around for many more years to come.

Respected Contributor

Another Cher fan.  Follow her on Twitter.  Likes to use all Caps!  She's led such an interesting life.  

Respected Contributor

Such a talent indeed, and very unique singing voice. I was a huge fan in the '70s when Sonny & Cher had their show and after when she had her own variety show on TV.  I had all her record albums from the '70s.