Trusted Contributor

Just read they are probably going to file bankruptcy. This makes me sad. My granddaughters grew up wearing their clothes. They were so well made and could be passed down from number 1 to number 2 and to number 3 and still look good.

Respected Contributor

I just read this today.  Even though my daughter doesn't wear their clothes any longer, I would stop in every now and again and just don't think their selection was as nice as it was when I began shopping there.  I do agree on the quality, it's good.

Honored Contributor

loved this store when my kids were younger and used to buy a lot of gifts there. they were expensive, but everything was so well made.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Loved that store for my son's clothes...like giranimals....everything matched.  The adjustable waist in the pants was great too. 

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

This is too bad. I haven't been in their stores for at least 15 years, but I saw a drop in their quality over time even years ago. Like all goods today, they simply aren't what they used to be.

I don't understand the lack of quality. There are plenty of us willing to pay more for good and lasting quality. I guess there are more who will just buy the junk so that is what manufacturers continue to offer, just because it sells. 

We have long given up paying for inferior. If we can't find new in the quality we want, we buy second hand. Lots of good older stuff out at auctions and thrift stores. Just have to be patient and do without some things till you find it.

Respected Contributor

Tell me this isn't true!  This is where I buy most of my grandchildrens clothes and gifts too.  So sad.  Good quality and classic clothes that can be passed down.

Honored Contributor

When my niece and nephews were little (they're in their 20's now) most all of their clothes came from Gymboree (or Talbots). Gymboree had such cute things. I'm sorry they're struggling now. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Bought very pretty clothes for my granddaughter there.

Image result for sad face pics

Esteemed Contributor

I bought many of DS#1's clothes at Gymboree in the 90's. He loved color and preferred their clothes to the Old Navy that the other boys were wearing. Passed many items down to #2, who was not such a fan of color! Still mostly wears black, khaki and red!

Mall location of stores is not helpong them,  no doubt.

Honored Contributor

I loved that store too, their baby and toddler clothes are really well made. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval