Honored Contributor

Gwyneth Paltrow won her case

Gwenyneth Paltrow won her ski collision case as well as her counter suit.

Honored Contributor

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow won her case

From what little of the live coverage I saw of this case, it seemed to me that the gentleman would lose. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am glad to hear that. I did not follow the case but would catch snippets on the news, when her lawyers brought up  all of the wonderful trips that the good doctor had taken over the last few years, zip lining and such, living his best life. I moved from keeping an open mind to he is a shyster trying to get money. He originally sued her I believe I heard for 3.1 million and a judge knocked it down to the $300,000 range. 

Honored Contributor

No surprise.  Thanks @Mindy D for the info.

Honored Contributor

Yeah!  I didn't believe a word that man said.  Gwyneth was an excellent wittness/defendent.  She spoke well, was calm and convincing. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Today I read that O.J. Simpson claims the same guy had a collision with him on the exact same ski slope. 

Correction. I've since read other articles and Simpson said he crashed into a lady, or she crashed into him, on the exact same ski slope.  

Respected Contributor

No one knows where that $300,000 figure came from. It seems some news outlet reported it and everyone else ran with it. Her attorneys in closing arguments were asking for over $3 million. 

Trusted Contributor

This means he will be reponsible for court costs.  (yikes)  She was suing him for $1.

Trusted Contributor

I think it quite poetic justice that Mr. Sanderson not only lost, but had to pay $1 to Ms Paltrow for her winning countersuit and he will have to pay all her legal fees. He probably will have some fancy lawyer bills to pay for his own lost case and now gets the bill for a celebrity's vigorous defense.

No payday and hefty bills for him. That's really a bad day in court. No more ski vacations for him, perhaps. 

Respected Contributor

When asked what she lost when the accident occurred she answered, " well I lost a 1/2 day of skiing." How elite can you get?