Respected Contributor

Re: Guess I'm going to have to buy larger clothes :-)

I purchased 3 of the super large bags of candy last weekend.  All mini candy bars, M&M's and similar.  My son came over tonight and opened one of the bags...ugh, guess I'm going to have to tape it closed later.  Once it's open, it seems like fair game.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Valued Contributor

Candy Corn is so SWEET!!! This might sound crazy but mix candy corn with salted peanuts (regular-not dry roasted) equal amounts and it is AMAZING!!! Tastes like a Pay Day candy bar! Oh now I'm hungry for some! Wish I had a bowl full.

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

for years when I only bought Halloween candy that I didn't like (except for candy corn and the harvest mix with the little pumpkins)

Unfortunately, I haven't found a candy I don't like. Some I like better than others but I like it all.🎃

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Valued Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

for years when I only bought Halloween candy that I didn't like (except for candy corn and the harvest mix with the little pumpkins)

Unfortunately, I haven't found a candy I don't like. Some I like better than others but I like it all.🎃

I am with you.....I like it all.     But, I can't use Halloween as an excuse to buy it..

I have lived in this house for over 50 years and NOT ONCE have we ever had a trick 

or treater !

Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

Right now my family has so much candy corn that we should be awarded stock in the company Woman Wink I've been nibbling on it all afternoon. Halloween is my favorite holiday and candy corn (the original and the kind with chocolate tips) is my all-time favorite candy.

I'll probably go to costco or wherever, and buy up as much of it as possible, since this is just about the only time of year I can find it. (I'll have my DH hide it <3  

oink oink!

@GoneButNotForgotten   I've been known to partake in a handful or two every year but what I really buy them for is a topping when I make cupcakes.  It makes for a quick and easy decoration on top of the frosting for Halloween.  Same thing with jelly beans.  That is what I use to decorate my Easter cupcakes.

At Publix anyway, they are sold year round.  They are Publix brand and are both sold near the bridge mix, chocolate covered raisins, lemon drops, etc.  🎃

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

I like candy corn, I bought a mid sized bag yesterday and filled the candy bowl.  I ate a handful and then moved the bowl out of my sight.  I don't overindulge in junk food the way I did in the past.  I do make some Halloween treats for the family for Halloween week. Pumpkin chocolate chip bread, cookies that I decorate.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten 

you are not alone they are my downfall...tonite I played cards my friend put a bowl of the "Autumn Mix w/Pumpkins" out ...oh my but she told us they were "healthier" because they were made with honey!!! Yeah right as I ate more than 1 spoonful...

My other downfall is butterfingers.  Good thing we don't get trick or treaters (I live in gated over 55 community) or I'd eat all the candy!

Enjoy your Halloween treat🎃🎃🎃🎃

@homedecor1 

I got a whole bag of those candy corn pumpkins too!....purely to spice up my Autumn decor of course

😄😉 🎃

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

One of my favorites,

Trusted Contributor

For halloween I prefer to buy the candy which I don't like but the rest of the family does. That prevents me from eating it.  LOL

Honored Contributor

No--won't eat candy corn but put out a bowl of junior mints or york pattys and I'm a gonner!!!