Regular Contributor

Guarantee Delivery by Mother's Day. . .or Not

Beekman TSV:  I wish I had a nickel for every time they said "we guarantee delivery by Mother's Day." Last week, I had an email saying that it would be delayed but here by this coming Wednesday.  Today I received another email saying it would be delayed again.

Just shaking my head.

Honored Contributor

Re: Guarantee Delivery by Mother's Day. . .or Not

Yeah, I really wish they would stop saying that 'guaranteed delivery by...' thing.   It's not a guarantee because it's one-sided.   It will get there - or not, as you said. That's the extent of the "guarantee".  

All I can figure is that guarantee doesn't mean what THEY think it means.

At any rate, I hope it arrives in time.  I have no idea when mother's day is, but fingers crossed!  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Agree.  Mother's Day is this Sunday so I hold out little hope that it will make it.

Honored Contributor

Not sure what's going on with their shipping....yet again.  I ordered a set of those insulated tote bags when they were presented on April 24.  They had an estimated delivery of today, 5/2, which seemed reasonable.  I contacted the mods today and was told that the order was now "in process".  (It's been "in process" all along!).  The new date now is 5/10.  That will be 16 days!  

Honored Contributor

What I do not begin to understand is why shoppers who have been on this Forum even off and on over the last several years would order a product they really wanted by a particular date.    And I say that even though I have never once encountered a QVC delivery problem.   I still wouldn't count on that streak lasting forever.

Honored Contributor

Just stop guaranteeing !  

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Regular Contributor

The reasons people order an item they need for a particular date are:

They are told not to worry

They have received items in a timely manner in the near past as well as years ago

The item is exactly what they want and QVC has more than 10 days to get it delivered.

I have fallen into the trap in the past, but after a couple of fails I finally decided to place an order for items I don't need any time soon.

This, I believe it a QVC problem.  We all order from many vendors who manage to ship items immediately, allow you to cancel before shipment, and let you know if they encounter a shipping problem.

It is sad and mystifies me.  Years ago you could count on your item arriving from QVC within about a week, most of the time sooner.  

Trusted Contributor

That would be a big Not.

Trusted Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

What I do not begin to understand is why shoppers who have been on this Forum even off and on over the last several years would order a product they really wanted by a particular date.    And I say that even though I have never once encountered a QVC delivery problem.   I still wouldn't count on that streak lasting forever.

I agree!  I Love QVC but if I needed something by a particular date, and it was going to make or break that occasion, if I am in within say 3-4 weeks of that date, I order somewhere else.

I don't do much Christmas shopping and quite frankly for that I would rather buy local but if I see something, by Mid november I am done buying Christmas gifts from QVC.  I still love watching the programming and might pick up something for me but never as a gift at that time.

People that have shopped with them for  any amount of time must realize this and accept it.

Is it ok NO but if you have been shopping for any time at all don't get your expectations up.

Should they be guaranteeing delivery?  NOOOOOOOOOOOO.  Why set customers up for disappointment and why do that to the Customer Service team who has to take the heat for these blank promises.

Honored Contributor

Prattle---geez I love that word----describes perfectly what these shopping channels do--and I was noticing that none of the channels were promising delivery in time for Moms day this year---the only channel that has excellent shipping , for me, has been JTV---they ship within 10-12 hrs so something I ordered Sunday will be to me by Wednesday!! And AMZ is another. You just gotta order stuff for any upcoming events way in advance!!!