Honored Contributor

According to People Magazine online:

"Grumpy’s caretakers — Tabatha Bundesen, her brother Bryan Bundesen and her daughter Crystal Bundesen, all of Morristown, Arizona — announced the news on Friday morning  in a touching message to the cat’s more than 12.4 million followers across social media.

They explained that the cat had died “peacefully” in Tabatha’s arms on Tuesday morning, due to complications from a recent urinary tract infection that “unfortunately became too tough to overcome.”

“We are unimaginably heartbroken to announce the loss of our beloved Grumpy Cat,” they wrote of the animal, who was born on April 4, 2012. “Besides being our baby and a cherished member of the family, Grumpy Cat has helped millions of people smile all around the world — even when times were tough.”

Respected Contributor

Re: Grumpy Cat Has Died - RIP

Oh, that is so sad.  Rest in peace little one.  I have a stuffed Grumpy Cat that QVC sold a couple years ago.  I will cherish that for a long time. 

Honored Contributor

Oh man, and he was young!  Must be heartbreaking.  Grumpy cat was a oner, and just brought joy by his very being to many

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee 

Grumpy was only seven years old.  Cats generally live much longer than that.  Odd, I had just been thinking about him wondering why we haven’t seen him in a while.

I’ve had a lot of ESP going on lately.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Grumpy was so cute. Sad to hear he passed.

Trusted Contributor

Wow 7 is  super young for a kitty, sorry to hear this..I hope he had a wonderful life; we had a cat years ago that was only 5 when we put him down...he had feline leukemia, we didn’t  know much about it back then....I was heart broken.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

@Karie2022 wrote:

Wow 7 is  super young for a kitty, sorry to hear this..I hope he had a wonderful life; we had a cat years ago that was only 5 when we put him down...he had feline leukemia, we didn’t  know much about it back then....I was heart broken.

@Karie2022  I had a dog that had just turned 7 I had to put down. He had a rare disease. This was about five years ago. Sorry about your kitty.

Honored Contributor

That's so sad.  She was so young, just 7 years old.  

Honored Contributor

My cat Moe is 16 and could out live me,poor Grumpy cat.

Honored Contributor

That is so sad and Grumpy was so young.  May she rest in peace.

kindness is strength