Honored Contributor

Re: Grocery prices, yet again

I haven’t noticed any difference myself. I think there are fluctuations up and down on items but overall it’s been a wash. 

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl Yes, I know. Our families live there (well London as well as other places in England). We're all worried about what will happen with Brexit and where the food will come from (import wise). 

Respected Contributor

Morning Edition had a geat story about rising costs of groceries and other items this morning.

I guess I can't link directly to a news site, so here's the title to Google: NPR Shopping Cart Economics: How Prices Changed At A Walmart In 1 Year

Respected Contributor

NPR has long since abandoned its commitment to provide unbiased news. The news reports on NPR should be cause for great public concern. Under the guise of "objective news" reporting, one side is actively advancing a political agenda. 

Valued Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@In-x-s wrote:

@SahmIam  I just remembered the other thing that went up significantly was the Aldi "Velveeta" which has always been 3.99 was now 4.99. 

It is a 2 hour round trip for me to do an Aldi shop -- this trip was not a money saver.  I can go to Wal-Mart locally and get comparable items/pricing without the time and gas to do the Aldi shopping.

@In-x-s 

Wow, a grocery store would have to be giving away the food before I'd make a 2 hr. round trip!

@shoesnbagsLOL!  when you live in the boonies, you get kind of use to it.  We have the only WalMart within a 1 hour distance and a Dollar General but that's about it!