Trusted Contributor

This happened to my 70 year old Aunt, not me

She is currently living in an assisted living, following two hip replacements, last year:

Saturday evening, she placed an on line order for grocery delivery, from Walmart.  All went well and it was be delivered between 10-11 am,today. 

This morning, she checked her order status, it was cancelled, by her, according to website. She contacted Walmart Mart, was told, glitch in their system, had incorrectly cancelled, many orders.  Her money was being refunded, back to her account. They told her, they could not replace the order, at that time,  because, system would just cancel it again. She was told to replace the order, this afternoon. 

She replaced order this afternoon, all,was fine till it got to the point of selecting a delivery time.  The system would not allow her to select a delivery time, none were available!

She called Walmart, again, she was, at that time furious(and she's the most mellow, funny person, I know).

She was informed, that they were so sorry for the mistakes, but, there were no delivery times available nationally! She could keep trying, in the days to come. They sent her two codes, for $10 off on future orders. 

I imagine, what happened, their system, became so overwhelmed with people, trying to place delivery orders, it lost its techie marbles😖

Who knows when, they'll have delivery available again. 
So frustrating, but, another casualty of all this. 

She doesn't like to ask for help, but, she's not driving right now. I'm going to shop for her. I can't take her out for a consolation meal, all restaurants and bars are closed 😖

Of course they have meal service at the assisted living, but, she likes to be able to do some of her own cooking, and she needs some over the counter medication.  

One  more Covid-19 saga.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Grocery Delivery Experience

@SuhseK    I use Walmart pick up service all the time so when I read your post, I checked my store for pick up times.  Sure enough, none available for next 7 days.  Wow

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624   Our Walmart is just building a pickup area.   We stopped into the store today...it wouldn't matter if pickup was available yet because there wasn't anything to buy....we'll lots of fresh veggies and fruit which makes me happy but nothing else.  Nothing frozen .....no dry goods...no paper products...no cleaning supplies at all....nothing.  We did get new fishing licenses...lol....DW

Trusted Contributor

Yes, same thing happened with my coworker recently.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

She is very fortunate to have you, @SuhseK 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

If the store shelves are bare and they don't deliver us what we need soon then this can get really bad. I'm getting more and more concerned about this situation. Are we going to run out of food or supplies??!

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee NO...........I'm sure trucks are rolling but with this panic it's just going to take a little time.  Did you see the posted picture here yesterday of trailers lined up in GA waiting to fill up for toilet paper?  That was a sight!

Honored Contributor

Here in PA most of the stores have stopped home delivery and now some are stopping online ordering and pick up service.

They have too many orders and can't the fill them.

You have to go in person and hope what you want is still on the shelves.  Many grocery items are getting scarce...bread, milk, paper and cleaning products, canned soup and meat.

I was in two stores today looking for ground beef and chicken wings....there were none to be found.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

@SilleeMee NO...........I'm sure trucks are rolling but with this panic it's just going to take a little time.  Did you see the posted picture here yesterday of trailers lined up in GA waiting to fill up for toilet paper?  That was a sight!

I hope and I pray that the truckers don't get sick! @fthunt  We don't have an endless supply of them.

Respected Contributor

I have an order set for delivery next tuesday.  usually you can get in 24 hours.  Instacart 1-2 hour delivery is now at least a week.  I am recovering from an illness and can't deal with the crowds, although my cough might make people scatter!