Esteemed Contributor

Re: Grocery Delivery Experience

@SilleeMee Endless supply of truckers - well in my sub-burbs there is a tractor trailer school...........and from my bedroom in AM I hear the gears grinding as the students (adult men) try to find First Gear - Second Gear..........local people just back off when those student trucks comes through town and are learning to navigate 4 way intersections and find the brakes!   LOL  WE don't try to be first on base with them.

Trusted Contributor

My Pea Pod delivery arrived this afternoon, I had to wait three days, it was the first date and time open.  I received everything I ordered except the bread  they had to substitute that but all esle was there.  The delivery man was very nice and said they have been overwhelmed with orders.     

Esteemed Contributor

I just tried to order some things from Wal Mart, for me to go pick up, and they have no available times for the next 7 days anywhere near me. I checked.

I bought a lot of food last week, Thank God, but I wanted a few more things.

If the trucks are bringing food, then why are they out of so many things, because a lot of what I tried to order, they were out of.

Are people trying to buy enough for 3 months?  What is going on?

Trusted Contributor

We usually order groceries/paper goods/cleaning supplies every other week and have for the past year.  I place my order on Monday and it gets delivered Tuesday afternoon.  I placed my order this morning as usual and cannot get delivery until Friday afternoon.  Even worse, the store says they may not be able to fill my order due to high demand.  Whaaaaa?😮  

So I went to Trader Joes to get milk, fruit and a few things to get by until my delivery--who knows how much of it I will get--and the place looked like it had been looted.  My word!  I've never seen anything like this!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks. She can be a character. When she was in rehab, pre and post, total hips, she confessed, she had a "school girl crush", on her primary PT.

She was in rehab, for sometime, and they worked together so much, they got to be friends. He was 10 years  younger, very married, but, they had a similar sense of humor, which made the PT, easier. 

We joked about it, and she said, "why not, it's harmless, reminds me I'm not That Old, and inspires me to keep up the appearance"  😉