Honored Contributor

Now, we have to sit thru 2 months of Roberta's garden stuff. Tuned in to see what time Denim & Co. would be on and see it's knocked off the schedule. Between Christmas in July and on and off till Christmas. No jewelry shows before Christmas . I find my watching has really slacked off not anything I can get excited about any more. I like the cooking shows, but, they're the same ol' thing cookbooks and mail order food.

Woman Sad

Esteemed Contributor

First,  I do realize that the U.S. has many different climates. I happen to live in upstate NY, where our wind chill is sub zero. I couldn't care less about gardening right now. In fact, I can't plant anything outside because I live in the woods and critters eat everything. Sometimes I feel like I am invading THEIR home, rather than vice versa. Between the all day recliner infomercial and all this plant stuff, I'm not watching any QVC.

Honored Contributor

I feel your pain. Here in Tx. we can't have nothing for the wind and the jack rabbits eating up what you pay for so they can have a full belly. Waste of money for me. Plus, if areas not covered by a sprinkler system I have to drag water hoses to stuff. Getting to old for that 'stuff'. I'm keeping more money in my pocket these days.

Honored Contributor

I agree.  Every season on the Q has it's "groan" products.  This time of the year is the gardening stuff.  I would never buy any of that kind of merchandise from a shopping channel.

Honored Contributor

Me either or food .  Chairs or beds either come to think about it. 

Honored Contributor
Sorry - January and gardening does not entice me to watch or buy.
Honored Contributor

Re: Groan...........

[ Edited ]

Gosh! I am looking forward to CHRISTMAS IN FEBRUARY!   That is just as good as Gardening in February.  GROAN.........

Honored Contributor

I posted this on the other thread about this in the fashion forum, but by the time I can actually plant anything here in Ohio, the gardening shows on QVC are done.

None of the plants they show will ship until they are ready to be planted in whatever zone you are in.  Sometimes I like to just watch a little and get ideas for landscaping and plants but I don't buy any of this kind of stuff from anywhere bt a local nursery. 

But all the stuff other than plants will ship immediately and I wouldn't want to deal with storing it for 4 months.

Respected Contributor

Re: Groan...........

[ Edited ]

We live in S.E. Louisiana, just north of New Orleans.  You'd have to be crazy to plant anything here until more toward the end of February. We may be 70 degrees one day, and 22 the next night.  Much too early.  I wish they would hold off on the planting shows until at leat mid February.

And some of you thought Christmas shows were bad!!

Trusted Contributor

You do not "have to sit" through two months of Roberta's presentations.  You do not have to do anything.

Whuy do people here act as if they are required to watch QVC?  There are plenty of other things to do.