Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

You do not "have to sit" through two months of Roberta's presentations.  You do not have to do anything.

Whuy do people here act as if they are required to watch QVC?  There are plenty of other things to do.

I'm sure she didn't know that.  So kind of you to point it out. Smiley

Trusted Contributor

I don't know, it's 12 degrees, a foot of snow, wind whipping off the lake making drifts all over my yard, I kinda like to see some pretty plants and think about what I'd like to do this year. Gives you hope that spring will be here as it does every year.

Winter time is the best time to plan, design, research, think of new ideas for your yard and garden. And if I don't care to watch anymore, I can turn it off and do something else. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Esteemed Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

I buy locally, preferring to support our hometown businesses.

I so totally agree. Why would I buy plants from them when I have an array of beautiful things from local nurseries. They help with tips etc. And if something goes wrong (best of all) I just get in my car and take it back,no mailing stuff..ugh. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

And most local nurseries grow things locally so the plants are already acclimated to your area.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

They start this very early every year.  No way, even if I had my own yard, would I even think about putting anything in the ground right now.  My gosh., we are getting dumped on with snow tonight.  That's the farthest thing from my mind. 

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

And most local nurseries grow things locally so the plants are already acclimated to your area.

I think this is an important point

@JustJazzmom, plus we like to

buy local when we can

in general.

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

We love Native Plants because they usually need little water (after settling in), attract local wildlife, and just seem to fit into the landscape here better. Plus we have a fantastic Native Plant nursery close by and get lots of tips and recommendations from the nice folks who work there. I buy local and Native!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Gosh! I am looking forward to CHRISTMAS IN FEBRUARY!   That is just as good as Gardening in February.  GROAN.........

funny

Honored Contributor

@MathisFan wrote:

Groan...... KYToby is here once again to chastise everyone.  You'd think he/she could find something else to do.

Like reading a book, or cooking, QVC is not here to entertain him or her