Honored Contributor

I always called my grandparents Grandma & Grandpa.  However today so many feel that it's just too "old" sounding but I still like it.  

However my grandson who is still just a baby (he just turned 14 mos old!) is going to call me Mom mom & my DH will be Pop pop.

The other set of grandparetns will be Mimi & Poppy.

Many times once a baby starts to talk they might come up with their own names which will often stick.

Honored Contributor

For some reson I can't edit my post....anyway after thinking some more about this topic, maybe Didi would be cute.  My name is Diane and I wanted something that would connect to my name and would be easy to pronounce for a young one.

I like Mimi but the other grandmother is going with that and I really don't feel like a Granny or Nana.

Honored Contributor

Grandma and Poppa. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

When my son was little, he called my mom, Sunshine--she used to sing--You Are MY Sunshine to him all the time. He called my moms husband Poppa. 

Honored Contributor

We are Meme and Pepe.  (Short e).  DH's father was French.

Honored Contributor

Called my maternal Grand grandma and grandpa and my dads father Grandpa and our last name. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

My kids called my parents Grammy and Grandpa. My grands call us Mimi & Pops.

Respected Contributor

I never had any grandparents.  I don't know what my siblings called them, but now I'm curious.  I have two names, Grandma and Oma. 

Esteemed Contributor

Our two grandchildren call us Grandma and Grandpa, and their other set of grandparents are call Mumma and Puppa.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Super Contributor

My grandchildren call me Oma .