Esteemed Contributor

Grandma for me from all.

Since their parents also call me Grandma, massive confusion when my kids actually mean their Grandmas.  "Grandma, did Grandma used to.....?"  😂

Esteemed Contributor

Growing up my maternal grandparents were grandma and grandpa; my paternal grandparents were nana and granddaddy.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

I have no children, but my mom's parents were Nan and Pap, my great gm was Grammy. Dad's mom was Gramma.

Valued Contributor
Our granddaughter calls us Nana & Papa
Our grandson isn't talking yet.
I think it's a great idea to call grandparents differently from son's family and daughters. Our son and family don't live near any of us, we face time and look forward to every visit. When our son says to our grandchildren let's call Nana and Papa they know exactly who they get to see.
Honored Contributor

Love this.

I'm "Gaga" and DH is "Pakka" for my older grandson, "Grandma" and "Grandpa" for the other three. 

Each of the other two grandmothers wanted "Nana" and that's who they both are.

Regular Contributor

Don't have any grandkids.  One grandparent on each side when I was a kid.  Since German was our 1st language we called them Oma and Opa.   Oma lived in Germany.  After my Army dad died and we moved to America to live with my grandfather my American cousins decided to call him Ops (long o).  To me he was Opa

Honored Contributor

Grandma, which i wanted .

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

My grandson calls me Nana - my husband was Pap Pap.  I called my maternal grandparents Grandma and Pap Pap - paternal were Emma (step grandmother) and Dad Dad. I called my maternal great grandfahteer Old BB for some odd reason lol.

GaGa and GiGi are popular - I like them both.  My one friend Carol - her grandkids call her CC.

Esteemed Contributor

Mama Wick and Papa Wick.  Wick is shortened from our full last name.  My maternal grandparents were Mama Mac and Daddy Mac, shortened from their full last name.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

My Great Grandmother was called Mama Jack and mother loved her grandmother dearly and wanted to the same name Mama attached to her first name as well.  I followed along with the Mama but instead of my first name like my mother I chose my middle which is more along the genre of my Great Grand mother.  I only have two grandchildren but for some reason my GS early on could not say Mama and my middle name together and it came out Monster "Name"  we laughed so much and I love it that at 6 he is still calling me Monster middle name.  I see us one day out having lunch when he is grown and people hearing him say I Love you Monster...... Heart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."